Author Topic: Kenner "Special Action Figure Set" 3-Packs  (Read 75546 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Kenner "Special Action Figure Set" 3-Packs
« Reply #30 on: May 8, 2011, 07:21 AM »
Are these sets comprised entirely of repacks or is there something slightly new about at least one figure in each pack?

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to determine whether or not I need to buy two of each or just one of each for the MIB/MIP collection will suffice.

The 9-pack was all pretty much repacks so I only got one of those to keep MIB/MIP. Granted that a set of these nine will only cost $60+tax, but it seems like there's a lot more stuff coming that would be worth spending my money on than these.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #31 on: May 8, 2011, 08:03 AM »
As far as I can tell after cracking these open is that they are all straight repacks.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: May 8, 2011, 05:29 PM »
Sounds like these are supposed to go out as part of a 5/15 reset...  I may nab that hoth set then, but I'm still reluctant just for the one trooper to have extra of it.  At least it's a date to aim for actually going to a store though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 8, 2011, 06:04 PM »
Sounds like these are supposed to go out as part of a 5/15 reset...  I may nab that hoth set then, but I'm still reluctant just for the one trooper to have extra of it.  At least it's a date to aim for actually going to a store though.

I hope that date will include a re-launching of TVC basic figures! :-X
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 8, 2011, 06:10 PM »
I found these today.

I picked up the Imperials and the Hoth set.

I really like these, if there was only still a Kay-Bee toys to buy them from then the Nostalgia circle would be complete (that is if they weren't Target exclusives)

The kids have a new Vader and 21B for their collection.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 8, 2011, 06:20 PM »

I hope that date will include a re-launching of TVC basic figures! :-X

No, not until you buy those remaining 4-LOMs and Cloud Car Pilots!  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: May 9, 2011, 01:36 AM »
Cool beans on picking them up Paul.  I'm really hopeful they don't slip new stuff into the sets, but it seems like something that may happen at some point.  It's kind of the way the battlepacks are going (or have been going) in some cases.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 9, 2011, 07:49 AM »
Ok the packs I grabbed have nothing noticeably new.  The hair color and paint deco seems the same on the Hoth trooper. The Empire strikes back inspired Death Squad Commnader is still wearing the wrong boots like he was at initial release.

And I kinda disagree I would like to see some new.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #38 on: May 9, 2011, 11:01 AM »
And I kinda disagree I would like to see some new.

I am with you that's why this is a double pass for me. I will get the Hoth set as I want an extra Hoth Leia to dedicate toe the BMF. I do not mind an 11th Beardless Rebel and I got rid of my 21-B a long time ago so I can use him as a temp until a new one is made.

So many wasted opportunities to make new product without new tooling. Hasbro is losing my potential business yet again.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 08:44 PM »
I may buy a few if I can find them.  I sure as hell can't find any regular vintage figures at retail past wave 3.  Well a few here and there and that is it.  Maybe I can wait for the regular ones to turn up in these vintage 3 packs.   ::)

Seriously I actually like the packaging for these.  More than likely I'd just keep them in it.  Although I really want that Han Solo loose. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 11:30 PM »
You'd want a new figure you have to eat 2 worthless ones to get though?  I mean, that's kind of the MO for what is going to happen, if new are slipped into them...  Figures at $10 a pop already for a new one and I'm irked.  $20 to get a new one?  Blah...  Especially an army builder.  Like that Imperial Officer...  I'd certainly like more than one if it were a new good figure, but at $20 (and including 2 figures I don't want in the process), that would be pretty much the end of my hoping to get more than one, and even one is going to be a hard thing to choke down if it comes with 2 VERY undesirable figures.

Now...  1 new one, 1 GOOD repaint, and 1 throw-away repack...  I'm more interested in that I guess.  It at least makes it a little more tolerable.  But the vinty 3-pack packaging kind of limits what you can do regardless I guess.  Unless of course they did new sets of 3, of course.  Hmmmm
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 02:57 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2011, 11:18 PM »
Saw this over at Rebby Scum

(Image deleted at the request of a cry baby  :'()

Imperial Commander is an unaltered Needa? LAZY! But good, cuz there's no need to buy the set. Though it may be the best of the lot to me (Because I never got that Dengar). The hatlessness and codpieceless appearances doesn't make for MOC niceness, IMHO, which is mostly the point of these sets.

Looks like they used the right Chewbacca, ANH.

C-3PO is same Endor throne Legends released one.  :(

Will the Snowtrooper really have that rifle?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:55 PM by scockery »

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2011, 11:30 AM »
I will pass all these sets.lack of interest in repeating those figures, the ones I donīt own yet would be bought on single card, preferably the original release.

The only thing I can tell is that the long rifle make profit of snowtrooper super articulation. Iīm not to fond on wide stance figures, but if Hasbro make a decent variation of this guy with that rifle.... could be the snowtrooper commander or the same mold but wearing boots instead of shoes like the original vintage....I will make the new acquisition.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2011, 02:45 PM »
Pass just like the last two sets... again there's only one figure I truly want, but I'm not willing to spend $20 (could be $25 by the time these come out) to get it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2011, 12:44 AM »
Good luck finding these - the first wave of them is seriously clogging the pegs at all of my local Targets so this exclusive re-pack line is essentially DOA.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!