Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 6  (Read 93961 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 6
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2011, 11:52 PM »
Fordo's pistols are new, and accurate to the cartoon Clone ARC Troopers.  Very cool that they didn't just jam in the old ones.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2011, 11:16 AM »
This wave is in stock over at EE.  There was nothing, and then there was everything all at once...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:37 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2011, 11:46 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, Darby.  I put in my order - with Target at $8.99 and gas at $3.49/gal locally, it's worth the extra $10 to just order from EE and stay caught up...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2011, 12:17 PM »
I agree with Jeff - with store prices now at $9 each, it's easy to justify spending roughly $10.41 per figure. For me this is a pretty good assortment - the added bonus of Utapau Clones, Stormtrooper, Senate Guards and Rebel Commandos mean that out of my two cases I will only have the two R2-D2s and the two AOTC Obi-wan figures to find places for. Since I just bought two Obi-wans at WM, I'll probably just return them. With the R2s - I can always use him w/o the drink tray in various displays.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2011, 10:15 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Darby.  I put in my order - with Target at $8.99 and gas at $3.49/gal locally, it's worth the extra $10 to just order from EE and stay caught up...

Agreed, 100%...  Just order online.  I pre-ordered so I'm hoping my card got charged since they showed in-stock.  :-\  I assume I got charged anyway, I'm not used to the pre-order thing.

Screw going through regular retailers if you can avoid it though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2011, 08:43 AM »
My order is in processing.  All the prequel junk will be available in the trading forums soon!,

So glad to save the gas and time. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2011, 11:52 AM »
I still enjoy the toy runs, and just don't want all the extra figures... can't get past Hasbro's case assortments these days.  I they had 2 of each new figure per case, I'd be all over it.  But the carry forwards are killing me.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2011, 02:45 PM »
My wife won't let me plunk down $100 on a case.  Otherwise I would be all over this.  I will just have to find them one by one at retail I guess. 

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2011, 04:11 PM »
Someone on the Yakface forums got some loose pictures of the Weequay Sail Barge soldier. Uh, why is his head so long? I mean, if you look at one of the side pictures, you can see that his skull looks stretched out - someone on the forums compared it to the Crystal Skull aliens from Indiana Jones. Is it supposed to be like that?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2011, 04:16 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2011, 04:56 PM »
Got my Weequay from Tunghori yesterday too and by moving the shoulders so the ball joint doesn't show, it looks a lot better than I thought it would

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2011, 02:02 AM »
I almost got a Weequay when I ordered my Yavin techs and now think I probably should've...  Ah well, live and learn I guess.

Love his poofy coat.  Quilting doesn't look particularly wise for the desert though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2011, 03:45 AM »
As per the front page...

New loose pics of Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Landing)...  Just in time while we wait for our cases I guess. :)

I'm still a little meh on the helmet, and could the saber hilt come unpainted like that?  The helmet deco really is becoming old hat though and I wish we'd see a dirty deco on a Luke helmet.  It's only been done twice!  Surprising now given how many times we've seen Luke in his X-Wing helmet over the past however many years.

Otherwise, a really neat figure...  A nice update to a familiar costume, with just enough change to make you dig it I think.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 07:29 AM by Scott »

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2011, 08:55 AM »
Have one of these on it's way so will post some pix up when it does.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2011, 11:13 AM »
I like this figure, as it uses better shoulders than this.  That whole mold to me is just really dated, and doesn't look natural.  I wish they'd quit using it altogether... and it's part of the reason why I've had a bias against Rebel pilots for a while.

Anyways, is it me or does the new Luke look like he doesn't have articulated wrists?