Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7  (Read 118338 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2011, 05:03 PM »
I got mine too...  And I've never criticized the aesthetics of the POTJ Fleet Trooper, just the pre-posed sculpt, the lack of attachment for the holster, the lack of function for the holster, the ****** tiny pistol, the lack of a removable helmet, and the lack of articulation...

Oh, and the inability for the figure to stand easily.  Mine all fall over because even the ankles were sculpted pre-posed.  It's as useless as any arena Jedi, or the Naboo Security Guard guy, or damn near anything from 2002... 

Did it look like a Fleet Trooper though?  Absolutely.  Did it look better than the POTF2 Fleet Trooper?  Absolutely.  But as my argument went in 1999, and today, it was still a ****** toy at the end of the day, and below Hasbro's precedents even for the time.  It's even ******** today.  Mine have been sealed and put into the "retirement" copy paper box. 

Long live the new one...  Though...  He's definitely not perfect by a couple of issues.

Also I did not get the hats as well Matt, so chalk this up to being pretty standard.  I'll be shocked if we get them, to tell the truth.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2011, 05:33 PM »
Well, as far as the hats go, we didn't get something we paid for, so we do have the power to leave negative feedback.

I'm not saying I definitely will, but that's an option available to us.  Sellers really try to avoid that.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2011, 06:58 PM »
Always try to resolve the issue first, of course.

I've never ordered from Tunghori, but my experience with a similar Hong Kong seller was getting a replacement free. One of the Shadow Stromtroopers (the Force Unleashed version) I ordered had a tear through the right ankle by the joint. I sent a picture of it, and he mailed a replacement. Though the replacement didn't have a blaser and  it, like half of the other figures I'd gotten, had one leg longer than the other. But I didn't pay that much to begin with. I almost never win those auctions because I'm reluctant to invest too much money based on a stock photo.

One time I got a scout trooper with two right lower legs, but didn't notice until after I left feedback.  :-[

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2011, 11:27 PM »
Well, as far as the hats go, we didn't get something we paid for, so we do have the power to leave negative feedback.

I'm not saying I definitely will, but that's an option available to us.  Sellers really try to avoid that.

Yeah I already emailed...  It was a little bit of a shock to open the box, then no hats...  I mean, they were pictured.  But I'm thinking there wont' be much good come of it, and I doubt I would leave negative feedback over it.  I'm more just annoyed.  If I got some of the shipping cost back I'd even be content on the hat thing. 

In other news...

I posted a review of the new Vintage Collection Rebel Fleet Trooper.

Clicky To Read The Review!

Basically it's just as I imagined...  A couple things annoyed me, but nothing soured me on this figure.  He is what I expected, and I was pretty satisfied.

The sculpt is really detailed, the likeness is a mystery (It's like the sharp Pello Scrambas features were sort of worn down, almost rounded off) but cool and neutral enough, the accessories are small yet they all appear to be new, the deco is on-par for what it should be (the blue is correct CHEWIE, fear not!), and the articulation is what it should be.

Other than the vest, and holster, I'm pretty much completely happy... other than the hat, haha.

I can't tell if the hat is grey or tan by the photos, but it's a cool accessory regardless.

And sorry for the photos.  I'm using my camera, and don't have anything too fancy, plus I'm doing this from my gf's house and not my own, so my set-up is even more limited. 

I can't wait to buy, wel, another 100 of these guys? :)  Maybe not that many...  or maybe I will over time, I don't know.  Depends on how long I'm still collecting.  Either way I'm in on an army of these Fleet Troopers.  I waited too long to not buy them now that they're here.  Even if I quit tomorrow I'd still army build him.

I just hope he's really easy to pick up in quantity.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2011, 12:45 AM »

I did not receive hats but am not worried,already left positive feeback and have no issues.

Agree though most ebay sellers do their best to avoid neg feed and tungi has always backed up any errors well (of the two he's ever made with my purchases in the past - out of more than 35 sales) so I'd say he'd send out hats if he has them and people ask for them.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2011, 03:08 AM »
I'm gonna bet he doesn't have them though, is the problem.  Not much way to remedy that unfortunately.  It's like my last buy, I got a broken figure from him unfortunately, which wasn't a big issue for me but I'd rather not have had one, and ultimately he couldn't replace it because it was a fast seller.  Such is life though...  I wouldn't leave him negative feedback over it, but I also don't expect to get any fix for it either.  He's a good guy though, in any dealing I ever had with him.

I'm curious if we'll get the hats or not.  I emailed him regardless.  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2011, 03:22 AM »
By the way, and I didn't include this in the review...

The limbs on ALL my Fleet Troopers were incredibly stiff, and most had to be run under hot tap water to loosen them up.  I also had one soldier whose shoulder pin, and the shoulder itself, had fused.  I popped the arm off, and think I may have found why there's some issues going on...

These figures all may have a new pin style on the ball/socket joints.  In the past, generally the pin has been made of a rigid plastic, and ABS.  The limb then, surrounding the pin, is poly-vinyl, which is cheaper.  It's what flexes when heated with warm water, and the ABS stays rigid and only becomes pliable under more extreme heat.

Anyway, my Fleet Trooper's shoulder pin on the arm I removed was now, itself, a poly-vinyl material...  It seemed like it bonded to the poly-vinyl of the limb itself then, in the production process.  This could be something people see with all Fleet Troopers though.  When in doubt, run the joint under hot tap water to help you loosen it, otherwise the pin may snap if you try to force it.

I had to do this to virutally every elbow, knee, and a few shoulder joints on the 5 figures I bought.  Good luck to everyone avoiding a break.  I haven't taken a figure apart completely to tell if the pin material has changed or not though.  Once I have a significant army of them I'll have one or two set aside as sacrificial fodder.

And on a completely separate note, I'm kind of curious why, if they'd cut corners at all, they'd still make a new blaster and helmet?  Both those were really well done in the first place IMO, and the new ones are better to a degree but not nearly enough to bother with...  Not to me anyway. 

But yeah, watch the joints on yours when you get them.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2011, 06:33 AM »
I've already done simple head swaps with A-Wing pilot Tyson Celchu, Yavin Tech, and Rebel Honor Guard.

The Yavin tech head is a little loose, but the other 2 are absolutely perfect.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2011, 11:20 AM »
Still looking forward to receiving mine, but I will definitely ask for the hats. They're great accessories to have.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2011, 12:45 PM »
Sucks about the fused joint Jesse, I had that happen with a Hrchek Kal Fas a couple years ago, out of the package from Wal-Mart.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2011, 02:09 PM »
Yeah CHEWIE, I think it's just a slight risk from some of the ball-joints, but sorta ****** it was on a RFT.  Ultimately this guy will just become one of the fodder troopers is all though.  I've had it happen once before as well. 

I'm still weirded out that the pin is vinyl though, and not ABS.  I'm really curious if this is the same on every figure or what.

The other 4 are all decked out and fighting a mystery enemy now...  I love them.  :)  They really look great together. 

Dressel, if Tycho and Yavin Techie fit, then the Hoth Rebel head should fit as well.  May wanna check that out if you've got those two heads available.  Not sure on the Endor Trooper's noggin.  He has a long neck and sometimes that changes how a figure's head sits.

Also a LOT of the Rebel Pilot heads should also fit this body...  the Red 10 guy, Ekelarc Yong maybe, any of the A-Wing pilots...  possibly even Dak if you wanted a guy wearing a little beanie hat (maybe he was chilly?).

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2011, 12:31 PM »
...and if all THOSE fit then the Legacy (ANH Era) space trooper head should fit, I use that head with all teh bodies you guys have mentioned

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2011, 01:35 PM »
Mm. mhm.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2011, 02:24 PM »
Since I'm jealous of the people that were able to get an order in from tunghori, I'd just be happy with the basic figure and his regular head... I can't wait to have a small squad of 5-6 for my Tantive scene, and a handul more for Yavin. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2011, 04:38 PM »
Round up all those random extra heads though, so you can do some swappin' in the near future. 

I didn't realize the Spacetrooper head fit those as well...  Which is kind of odd, but it'd work I guess.