Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 106945 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #210 on: January 13, 2012, 01:38 AM »
Has anyone read the newly-released "Wrath of Darth Maul" biography novel? It pretty much ends where TCW is going to pick up...

Looks like Maul is going to kick some major ass this season. Aah, to be an angry, bisected, fallen Sith Lord.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 13, 2012, 09:33 AM »
Is tonight the one with Katee Sackhoff?

I cannot wait to see her debut...and dream about what a cool figure she would have made if Hasbro wasn't intent on driving this line into the ground.

I have no interest at all in ever seeing the Maul episodes(s)...there is suspension of disbelief and then there is just plain insulting stupidity.

Not even my six year old would buy that someone could be cut in half and dropped thousands of feet and still be alive. Try cracking open an anatomy textbook sometime, geniuses.

I love how noone ever uses this insane medical technology to actually rescue any good guys. They can stitch together Darth Maul good as new but they can't stop a woman from dying durig childbirth? Riiiight.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 13, 2012, 08:45 PM »
Not bad, a little underwhelming with the Bo Katan and all, but whateves. I liked the soda can droid and the proto-landspeeder. Those droids reminded me of the creepy toys next door from Toy Story.

Oh, I liked the Brainiac Ambassador dude too.

Bring on the bounty hunters!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2012, 08:48 PM »
Is tonight the one with Katee Sackhoff?

I cannot wait to see her debut...and dream about what a cool figure she would have made if Hasbro wasn't intent on driving this line into the ground.

her role turned out to be minor.

Good episode....but I missed it when Dooku betrayed Death Watch or whatever...we have to fill in that blank ourselves partially.

Anyone else cry when the retail droid died?  :'(
 ;)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2012, 08:50 PM »
I also thought it was a little underwhelming, but I found myself very invested in the story.  Ahsoka's killstrike on the four or five Mandos - top 10 Jedi move of all time.  I liked Bo Katan, but she didn't do anything.  I liked seeing a fallen Pre Visla and a grungier Death Watch.  I hope there are figures for these - very cool.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2012, 10:56 PM »
Another great episode thanks to the unknown fate of all the characters, except R2. I honestly thought for a second they might off Ashoka, then she beheaded everyone. (awesome!) but now the happily ever after run away with lux ending is looking more likely for her character. I must be a little dark, but I really want to see her die at some point in the series.

I want to cry looking at all the toys they will never make from this episode.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2012, 12:21 AM »
Ashoka is honning her skills, she matched pretty well Vizla and the female mandalore.
Satine wears a new dress, hope to see her again with Obi Wan in a mission.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 14, 2012, 01:02 PM »
The action at the camp distracts from the fact Ahsoka failed to save the village. But she did kill 6 or so Death Watchers.

In terms of loss, I wondered if was Lux worth the life of at least one Senate Guard who died fighting the commando droids?

Rewatching the episode, one of the target droids was a commando droid head on a magna guard body. B-A-D!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #218 on: January 14, 2012, 03:45 PM »
According to Filoni, Bo Katan was originally going to be a male, but changed close to production. He also stated that the mandos will be back, with Bo Katan more in season 5.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2012, 08:04 AM »
How much more would you be excited about this weeks episode if it was Ashoka that was shot and not Obi won. umm..we know he does not die Filioni, people would be going crazy right now if they would have set it up the other way. Can you imagine the promo ending with Anakin swinging his light saber and yelling "this is for Ashoka!"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2012, 09:55 AM »
Nope. Kenobi dies. Has a funeral and everything. See the preview at the website.

I just ruined the episode. Oh, well.  :P

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2012, 09:10 PM »
I cannot believe that Filoni missed the opportunity to use the infamous "Nooooo!" when Anakin realized Obi-Wan was dead.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2012, 11:28 PM »
I liked seeing Shock Troopers and the proto-Imperial Republic officers. The shock troopers got ruthless there, set to kill...or perhaps that exposition for why the officers had their guns on kill and why kenobi was reluctant to shoot that officer.

The cremation officers were bit dumb not to have weapons ready after detecting life signs in the pods, surely they knew an escape/riot was in progress.

Nice Bossk and Boba cameos. Also, that one catina alien they'll never make Solomohal or someone like him.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2012, 09:00 AM »
Yeah, the prison guards and imperial looking dudes were cool. I also loved seeing the Jedi Turbo Speeders in action again, perfect time to dust those things off.

The writing in general for that episode was incredibly weak and sloppy though.

You have an ultra secret plot to kidnap the Chancellor and in the first five minutes of meeting some new inmate you start blabbing about the whole operation to him?

And it never occurred to anyone on the Jedi Council that it MIGHT be a bad idea to pretend that the Chosen One's master was murdered and not let him in on the secret? The same guy who has all those attachment/loss issues?

I've officially come to the conclusion that I don't like anything about the Cad Bane character. They make him too infallible. He's the smartest guy on the show perpetually.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2012, 12:20 PM »
The "Face Off" tech raises questions. They can rearrange a persons face and insert voice modulators...so how is Anakin so messed up looking and deep voiced after ROTS?

Rewatching DECEPTION, they need to make bunny droid...if they can waste plastic on lightsaber launchers. Even if it was just a non-posebale accessory.

Next episode Cad Bane gets a new hat!  8)