Author Topic: NHL 2011-2012 Regular Season  (Read 28484 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NHL 2011-2012 Regular Season
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2012, 01:22 AM »
The playoffs have been pretty exciting so far. I've only caught parts of games here and there but it has all been some exciting hockey. Jonathan Quick looked really good in the LA - VAN game tonight.
"This is the way."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2012, 08:02 AM »
Yeah, that Rangers/Senators game on Saturday was brutal. Once it went to overtime, I knew Ottawa would have the advantage.  >:(

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2012, 01:19 PM »
I'm posting a couple days late, but how was that Penguins/Flyers game hockey? It's ok for felonious assault as long as your on the ice? I remember when I use to love hockey.

Remember when fights happened because of cheap hits? Now if you cleanly hit someone you get cheap shotted for it. I don't get it.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2012, 05:22 PM »
Reminds me of that old Rodney Dangerfield line:

"The other night I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out..."
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2012, 06:05 PM »
Ottawa's playing damn good. Had me worried last night as they appeared to have control of the game. Thank God for Brian Boyle, though!!  ;D

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2012, 11:21 PM »
Not sure if anyone else is watching the Blackhawks/Coyotes series, but Torres knocked out Hossa in the first period with a vicious hit.  Speculation is that he will get suspended for at least 6-10 games.  He left his feet and hit Hossa directly in the head with his shoulder.  They had to carry Hossa off the ice on a stretcher.  The worst part was that there was an official less than 10 feet away and he completely missed the call...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2012, 12:59 AM »
Remember when fights happened because of cheap hits? Now if you cleanly hit someone you get cheap shotted for it. I don't get it.

Yeah I don't get it either.  A clean hit deserves some respect, not a stick in the throat.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2012, 06:01 PM »
NHL badly needs to get things under control, these playoffs have been brutal and I could care less which player on which team is doing the injuring, hit them hard.  Long suspension and loss of pay for both playoffs and regular season.  Ridiculous. 

The linesman nearest that Hossa hit actually flinches in the video when the hit is made, presumably because he thought Hossa would fly into him rather than drop like a sack of rocks.  And no call?  GMAFB.  Cannot in any way say he missed the play because he's RIGHT THERE. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2012, 10:08 PM »
The linesman nearest that Hossa hit actually flinches in the video when the hit is made, presumably because he thought Hossa would fly into him rather than drop like a sack of rocks.  And no call?  GMAFB.  Cannot in any way say he missed the play because he's RIGHT THERE.

My wife and I were both yelling about that exact same point during the replays.  I seriously thought that Q was going to burst a blood vessel in his face when he was screaming at the officials after the play.  I was glad to hear that Hossa left the hospital under his own control and even happier to hear that Torres was indefinitely suspended until his meeting on Friday.

I'm really hoping that the Hawks can at least win one of the next two games (if not both) because I have tickets for Game 6 on Monday.  It would be awesome to see them win the series at home when I'm there.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2012, 11:50 PM »
Second round!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2012, 11:51 PM »
Congrats.  Rinne stepped up very well.  A good/great goaltender can take you a long, long way.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2012, 11:55 PM »
I think I've decided to ride Nashville's bandwagon this postseason.
"This is the way."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2012, 12:17 AM »
I think I've decided to ride Nashville's bandwagon this postseason.

After the Yotes win tonight, I'm right on board as well. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2012, 07:43 AM »
The Rangers played like they should have for the past few games. Hope they can pull it off in the Garden on Thursday. Can't stand Chris Neil. That guy is the dirtiest player I've seen, gets away with cheap shots, instigating fights, and yet when someone puts a nice hit on him he rolls on the ice and cries like a baby.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2012, 07:58 AM »
The play-off experience was amazing last night until the third period when the Coyotes went up by 2.  After that the enegy just left the building.  The Blackhawks are in desperate need of a first tier goaltender as I think this season showed a distinct disadvantage for the Hawks in goal.