Author Topic: Dagobah wave  (Read 27619 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Dagobah wave
« on: February 13, 2004, 08:34 AM »
Dagabah and Bespin figs

SW Hasbro has updated their site with the new Dagabah and Bespin waves.  They also include an update on the OT collection with a pic of carded Han and boxed Millenium Falcon.

Dagabah wave includes Luke, Yoda, Spirit Ben and mud R2.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 12:15 PM by OCB »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Dagabah and Bespin figs!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 08:36 AM »
Excellent heads up Mike.  They look good to me except for that statue Luke Dagobah >:(.  We definitely need a neutral pose on this one.  The POTF2 version sucks beyond belief, and although the gimmick on the new one is cool, it just does not cut it.  
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 08:38 AM by rebeltrader »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 08:36 AM »

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 09:26 AM »
WHAT!

Where the heck is the over-exaggerated stance on Lobot?

:P

Seriously, what a great way to start Toy Fair!

I love those figures!!!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 09:36 AM »
Wow, this was a nice surprise today... I figured we'd have to wait until Sunday to find out anything.  These figures really look great.  I'll definitely be buying each and every one of them.  I kind of hope the Dagobah Luke has some sort of interchangable head/arms too, but it is hard to tell.  It looks great in that pose, but I'd hate to have it only be able to do that pose and no others.  Maybe we'll find out more in a couple of days!  Both of these waves look great though.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 10:42 AM »
Does that Yoda have a repainted Episode1 Yoda head? Hopefully the pose is what is making him look wierd. He just looks a little tall & skinny. And is that Luke's backpack next to him? I can't really see him fitting in there.

I really hope there are going to be some interchangeable arms and head on Luke. I mean, why else would Luke's backpack be included with Yoda? Plus, the stance of his legs almost seem to imply that he's meant to be able to stand straight up. I'll be crossing my fingers on this one.

Spirit of Obi-Wan is awesome! This is a figure I've wanted for a long time, and finally we'll be getting it. Sweeeeeet....

R2 Looks much better than the one that came with the Dagobah X-Wing. I'll be picking him up for sure.

Bespin Leia looks superb, as does the Cloud Car Pilot (hoping for a Cloud Car with this one).

Lobot. About frickin' time. Very cool that he comes with some accessories too. I'm psyched!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Dagobah wave
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 12:11 PM »
One bone I have is Luke's hair when standing how that gonna look with it all standing up???

The other is the lack of a softgoods cloak on Yoda which I think would have been awesome.  Somehow he doesn't looks quite right, it's hard to get the bulkiness of the cloak in plastic I think
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 12:16 PM by OCB »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 12:22 PM »
Hmmm...

I took the Dagobah Luke photo and flipped it upside down in photshop.

Maybe one of the JD dudes could post an image like that fora ll to comment on....

The hair definately looks wierd standing upright.  Also, I noticed that the picture, when turned upside down it gives Luke a "Hulk Smash!" look.  It's actually pretty funny...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 12:41 PM »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2004, 12:54 PM »

Atlas was a Titan who supported heaven with his shoulders as a punishment for fighting against the gods in the war between the gods and the giants.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2004, 02:54 PM »
I kind of hope the Dagobah Luke has some sort of interchangable head/arms too, but it is hard to tell.

I'm really thinking that Hasbro's going to get this one right for some reason - maybe 'cause they've been restoring my faith of late, and proving to me that they're listening to what we really want.  If this does wind up being a one-pose wonder, it'll still be a very cool figure IMO.  But I'd obviously like it to be able to work both ways, and I really think it will...

There's two options here that Hasbro may go for.  One, it looks like this is going to be one of those "ball jointed" heads that we've been seeing lately, which you can actually just pop right off of the neck "stick" quite easily.  So with that in mind, it'd be very easy to make this Luke have interchangeable heads in that respect.  The question is whether Hasbro would want to include another loose head in the blister, which might look a little wierd/freaky to some people.  But definitely do-able.  I suppose they could do the same things with his arms as well, like a couple of the C-3POs we've gotten in the past.  Perhaps the apparent lack of any other accessories with this figure, lends itself to some of these interchangeable body parts as the accessories instead...   8)

The other option is just for a dual-release type of thing, ala the head swapped RFTs and IOs we got last year, or the newer Dignitary/Outlander Club figures that shared parts recently.  Yeah, it'd be a little strange to be buying two different Dagobah Lukes so close together, but I'd definitely do it to get one in the "force pose" and a seperate one in a neutral stance.  That'd be A-OK with me too!   8)

But even with the prospect of just one-pose, this figure looks awesome.  I'm a little disappointed that we don't have any of the boxes or gadgets for him to levitate, but I guess I can borrow some from the Dagobah X-Wing.  And like Ed mentioned, I think with the inclusion of the backpack with Yoda, there's definitely got to be a neutrally posed Luke coming somehow...

Does that Yoda have a repainted Episode1 Yoda head?

That's kinda what I was thinkin' too, Ed.   :-\  The rest of him looks great, but I really hope they get his head to look a little better, 'cause I definitely don't want to be reminded of one of the inferior Prequel Yodas when I'm looking at this OT version...

The Holographic Ben looks great too!  I wouldn't mind a little blueish tint around the edges somehow, but other than that, I'm digging their new approach to Ben's spirit.  Makes the old blue one look down right stupid!

R2 was pretty much exactly how I was hoping he'd be - all yucked up with heaps of mud and grime.  I like that they're not just spraying it on like the atrocious one that came with the X-Wing, but rather applying it in a much more realistic manner.  Hopefully they'll also toss in with R2 a few of the boxes and gadgets that Luke levitates.

Cool connecting bases as well.  Great wave all around, but the potential to be really incredible if Hasbro gets some interchangeable parts on Luke, and a new Yoda noggin too!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2004, 03:05 PM »
This is the BEST wave EVER.  Ever.  I hold out hope like JediMac that Luke is not frozen in that pose.  At long last we get great versions of Obi Wan and Yoda, and surely they'll reuse that Obi for a living one from ANH later.

So so so happy.  :)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2004, 05:28 PM »
Damn, those look good! Except for the Yoda, I don't really like the facial expressions. Oh well, I'll buy it anyway!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

SilverZ

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2004, 07:30 PM »
Eh, I don't see what the big deal is. Where's the awesome action features and pegs in their backs???  :P

What a great bunch of figures, seriously! I've always wanted a Jedi Training Luke posed like this, so even if its a 1-poser, I'm OK with it. I'm sure Yoda will look better hunched over his cane. Obi is perfect, and R2 is the version I've wanted for a long, long time. Good god, what coolness!

And best of all, themed STANDS return. I really wish they'd get consistent and do this 100% of the time. They add a ton of value for me.

And what a crappy day to have the cable modem out all day. I've had to wait till now to see.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2004, 07:55 PM »
Great figures, if not a little "specific" for scenes.  The Luke, at the very least, is awesome custom fodder for a good Luke.  I'm wondering if hollowing a Bespin Duel Luke's head will work for a headswap?  And if there's some way to give new hands to him, or if those ones are poseable?

I'm gonna take the images and blow them up to see what I can make out as far as articulation goes.

The Luke looks great though, for what it is, and the Yoda is indeed a great figure.

I still wanted a Yoda with soft goods, removable belt, and a cloth backpack though. :(  I'm disappointed somewhat with him in that regard, but have wanted to do a custom anyway using a new Yoda's head (this one will work) and the vintage Yoda's pieces otherwise.  Have to make the pack myself though, unless that one works well (it looks great).

The Dagobah R2 is WAY better than the one with the Red 5 X-Wing...  If he has a 3rd leg, and all ankles are poseable, then he'll be fodder as well.  Astromech repaints galore.

The Spirit Ben rocks.  Much needed, and great figure.  I love it...  Can't wait to nab him.  I wonder if they'll ever make one sitting for his moments in ROTJ when revealing to Luke the story of his father and everything?  

That's a far superior transluscent figure than the Holographic Luke that just released.  Too bad it's not as nice as the Kenobi.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77