Author Topic: Battle Packs (5 figure sets)  (Read 49000 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Battle Packs (5 figure sets)
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2005, 07:53 AM »
I really am wondering what the final Anakin and Obi-Wan figures are going to be like. 

It's the only set I'm really interested in...  I want an extra Assajj figure for customizing (only ever saw her one time), and I'm a fan of the realistic styled Clone Wars figures as I feel the toon figures just are a separate line to the basic line...  Not my cup of tea then.  Grievous I could've done without as with Yoda, but whatever.  I guess that'll make a nice replacement to the Wheelbike figure when I pick that up, and Yoda will just be something to toss into my fodder pile.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2005, 03:58 PM »
Frankly, I'm excited about the Jedi vs. Sith set.

It features Asaj (who I don't have) and I always fall for the removable armor gimmick.

The downside is the sculpt on Ani....it's pretty ******.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 03:58 PM by ruiner »

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
Battlepacks
« Reply #62 on: July 6, 2005, 02:44 PM »
Did anybody see the Star Wars battlepacks? to me it's ok. I like How you can put the clone wars costume on obi wan

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 6, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Has anyone found one of these in the store yet? I've yet to see these things anywhere. I thought July was going to herald the release of the Evolutions 3-Packs, the 5-figure Battlepacks and the 500th Vader - NONE of these items has been around at all - only a handful of the Vaders.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: July 7, 2005, 01:58 AM »
Frankly, I'm excited about the Jedi vs. Sith set.

It features Asaj (who I don't have) and I always fall for the removable armor gimmick.

The downside is the sculpt on Ani....it's pretty ******.

I'm kinda digging that set too Ruiner...  Especially the Obi-Wan figure.  Not sure on the armor, but I think he looks like a decent Episode 2 Obi-Wan which is sorely missing in this line.

Assajj...  I have one, but I'd take another for customizing reasons.

Anakin is at least a CW figure realistically sculpted, which I'd like more of.  I don't care for the toon figures really.

The others I'm indifferent about.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 7, 2005, 12:11 PM »
Out of all the sets, the only figure I'm remotely interested in is that Obi-Wan, and I don't even think they did a good job with it. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2005, 11:45 AM »
That is a cool idea.  I think many of us thought how cool that would be for the longest time.   It's just to bad that they are all rehashes.  I think many would have liked to have seen a new Zuckuss and 4-LOM. 

Rebelscum (through another site) had just recently mentioned rumors of other battle packs as well. 

1) Hoth Themed - Veers, Probot, and 3 snowtroopers.

2) Jedi Tempe Raid - Anakin (#2), Clone Pilot, and 3 of the blue Clonetroopers.  Why they would put a Clone Pilot in that set is beyond me? 

They did say it was just a rumor though.  So, who knows?  Find out at the SDCC I suppose.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2005, 11:49 AM »
That is a cool idea.  I think many of us thought how cool that would be for the longest time.   It's just to bad that they are all rehashes.  I think many would have liked to have seen a new Zuckuss and 4-LOM. 

Rebelscum (through another site) had just recently mentioned rumors of other battle packs as well. 

2) Jedi Tempe Raid - Anakin (#2), Clone Pilot, and 3 of the blue Clonetroopers.  Why they would put a Clone Pilot in that set is beyond me? 

They did say it was just a rumor though.  So, who knows?  Find out at the SDCC I suppose.

Real deal.  I was holding back on this story, but it got out through a friend of mine at JTA.  Curto glommed off of that.  I reported the whole thing here.  Images to follow.  SOON.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 11:50 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2005, 01:45 PM »
Definately getting the Temple Raid set, not so sure about the other two. I'm guessing these will be expensive.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2005, 03:51 PM »
RE:

2) Jedi Tempe Raid - Anakin (#2), Clone Pilot, and 3 of the blue Clonetroopers

Hmmm... this worries me.  I find it hard to believe that Hasbro would finally start to give us "Army Builder" packs at retail, but then again it does make sense they would screw them up by including Anakin #2 and Clone Pilot.   :P

I guess I'll hold my judgement on the new rumored 5-packs until we (possibly) get confirmation at SDCC.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2005, 04:06 PM »
From what I've heard so far, the Veers is the same figure issued with the AT AT (nice job there, Hasbro  ::)) and the snowies are POTF2.   The blue 501st troops are quick draw attack clones, which is okay, but I probably would have slightly preferred #41.  As for the clone pilot pack in with the Temple Raid, wha?  Why?

Overall, sounds not so stellar.

:P
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2005, 05:14 PM »
Wow, that Hoth set is going to flop.  Everyone is going to want the Temple Raid set, but I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that Hasbro will ship the Hoth set first.   ::)

Seriously, who comes up with the figures to include in these sets?  Do they just sit around and look at all the figures they have had to take back over they years and say, "Let's do a themed set around the Rancor Keeper!"

I can see it now, coming Spring 2006...

"BATTLE AT JABBA'S PALACE!  Recreate the awesome action of this awesome sequence from Episode VI: Return of the Jedi!  Includes Luke Skywalker*, the Rancor Keeper**, Gammorean Guard***, Bib Fortuna****, and Jawa*****!  Available this spring at retailers everywhere!  And be on the lookout for the UTAPAU INVASION set a few months later, featuring all new exclusive sculpts of Commander Cody, a Clone Medic, a Clone Trooper, a multi-articulated Grievous' Bodyguard, and two Utai aliens!"

*This would be the POTF2 version or, if we were "lucky" the one that came with the Rancor
**, ***, **** These would all be POTF2 versions made with cheaper plastic
***** This would be the Jawa from the Ronto beast set

Thank you very much for the info, though, Nick, as it is very appreciated. :)

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2005, 05:57 PM »
Hey, I kinda like the Hoth set idea!

They need to do a Temple set of Jedi to be slaughtered too
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2005, 06:48 PM »
Okay, here's the rub-  Remember how easy it was to get Eopie?

These sets are numbers 4 and 5. What happens when the first three sets don't sell well? It's the same thing over and over again. The Hoth and Jedi Tempel set have the potential of selling well, but they come after lame sets like the Jedi Vs sith and Rebels Vs Empire packs.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2005, 07:06 PM »
Yep, you can just bet Hasbro will put the Hoth set out first and the stores won't order much of the Temple Raid set like someone said above.  I hope not though.   Maybe for some reason we'll get lucky and they will send out the Temple Raid one first.   

Why not just put Zett Jukassa in the Temple Raid set?  Or make a Cin Dralig and stuff him in there?  Oh well.  I will still get the temple set because of the blue troopers. 

« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 07:09 PM by Darth Broem »