Author Topic: Why there are no more pictures of Bly  (Read 20664 times)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
Re: Why there are no more pictures of Bly
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2005, 05:50 PM »
I pity dafoo that doesn't get my jokes!  >:(
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2005, 06:09 PM »
Wow, I hadn't really looked at this thread since the second page and all of a sudden Lee Harvey Oswald stole Bly from the Hasbro glass case and ran away with Elvis on a UFO.   ::)

And I'd just like to say that Jared is one of the nicest and most upstanding guys you could ever hope to meet on these boards, or the internets in general.  And he's one of the people who make JD the best and most unbiased site in the world of SW collecting, so thanks Jared, and keep your head up.  ;)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2005, 06:19 PM »
No doubt about Jared - he is a great guy, and I consider him one of my friends here. When I travel to LA and have free time, Jared has always made time to hang out.

My "parody" post was meant to poke fun at the type of person that would steal a paint copy, not Jared.

I think Jared knows me (and my humor) well enough to know the intention of my post. I just wanted to be clear for everyone else.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2005, 09:00 PM »
Oh yeah, I got the joke, Deanpaul.  I was just amazed when I looked at this thread which had been about one thing and had mutated into something else within two days' time.  If Hasbro was able to come off with a plot like that to actually avoid making a figure, I think I'd applaud it on general principle, stupid as it may be, because Hasbro would have finally done something inventive that didn't fail miserably.   :D

The only thing I will say about your parody post, though, is that you didn't use enough "OMG", "VHTF", "RARE", "HOT TICKET", "PAYPAL" and misspellings like "BLIE", "ROST", and "VADAR" enough.  Every Ebay posting must include at least three of those "words."  It's in their terms of service, if you don't believe me, go have a look.  ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2005, 09:05 PM »
I pity dafoo that doesn't get my jokes!  >:(

Oh ****, that's funny!  ;D

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2005, 10:31 PM »
JediMAC:  ACK you peolpe are NUTS!  Read what people actually type.  Geepers.  All I said was that I don't believe Hasbro has just one of those.  Good gosh man, this isn't who shot JR.  I didn't impune the guy who started this thread and was standing there. I didn't say Bly was FAKE stolen to make some asinine Hype.  BAH ON YOU, CHOMP.

Deanpaul:  I did get your joke, you..you...scalliwag!

And I bite my thumb at the rest of yous!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 10:34 PM by dafoo »
who Learned you To spoke!

SilverZ

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2005, 01:06 AM »
I love you, everyone.  :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2005, 01:27 AM »
I love you, everyone.  :-*

But you never made it physical in Indy, you heartless bastard.  Not even a hug. >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

SilverZ

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2005, 01:31 AM »
I had dirty, dirty, dirty, just naughty filthy thoughts, though.

I love you all ways.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 01:33 AM by Tydirium »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2005, 01:40 AM »
Well, alright. 

It's just all that sneaky touching that Jamie was doing at night while he thought I was asleep.  I kept hoping it was you, but nope, it was that skinny little bastard.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2005, 02:39 AM »
JediMAC:  ACK you peolpe are NUTS!  Read what people actually type.  Geepers.  All I said was that I don't believe Hasbro has just one of those.  Good gosh man, this isn't who shot JR.  I didn't impune the guy who started this thread and was standing there. I didn't say Bly was FAKE stolen to make some asinine Hype.  BAH ON YOU, CHOMP.

Dafoo, what in the hell are you talking about here?  Is this a response to this one line that I mentioned your name in?

And why we're getting excited over the fact that doofus dafoo isn't buying the story is beyond me...  :P

If that's what you're replying to, you make no sense whatsoever.  It looks like YOU need to start reading what people type.  Furthermore, if you don't stop acting like a complete and total ass all over this forum, and yelling at and badgering people for no reason whatsoever, we're going to suspend your posting priveleges for a while.  So knock it off.  We're all getting real tired of it.  Thanks.

- Matt
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 02:42 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2005, 04:20 AM »
I leave you guys for a night and all hell breaks loose.  I'm the glue baby!

Anyway, I think Gatillo's post was partly mis-understanding...  Obviously this isn't anything Jared had any control over, nor is it even remotely his responsibility anyway.  The guy snuck it away right out from under everyone's nose at the show...  The Hasbro guy I feel bad for because I can tell you that I've been in a similar place to him where something I was responsible for was stolen right from under my nose in a hectic/busy climate/situation.  I sorta have sympathy on the dude.

I think Jared's beef on the "conspiracy theories" was just venting the fact that this story has been covered...  Hasbro's said "this was our only painted sample", so there's not a whole lotta reason to disbelieve that...  Whether that's good thinking on their part remains to be seen. 

Like I said, 21st Century Toys had their only 100% hand-made  prototype of the Japanese Zero on hand to display it.  Comic-Con's a big show, so showing off your stuff is important...  It's become almost bigger than Toy Fair really.  And I guarantee that Zero is a lot more complex to replace than Hasbro's figure, so I wholely believe Hasbro brought their only copy...  I'd suggest making a back-up before you head to your show next time though, since it's just a paint sample.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2005, 10:02 PM »
I am hoping that this fall at least Hasbro has pictures on the new Bly. Anyway, this is another figure I will have to get (sigh) and hunt down. DeanPaul, you should post that over on our Utah boards under "the Scalper" and watch the reaction!
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2005, 10:18 PM »
That's not a bad idea Jay... I'll give thescalper a call and see what he has to say.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2005, 01:08 AM »
Makes perfect sense JediMac, People were getting excited over me not buying the story.  They were heaping the stuff I wasnt' saying on me.  Like that Hasbro concocted this all, or that Tydirium was scum for not halting the dastardly deed.

I didn't say or imply any of that.  I merely stated I didn't believe Hasbro just had one of those figures or that this'll put back the figure indefinitely. 

When I respond in tongue-in-cheek fashion.   Calling me out, acting like I'm all evil or something.

If that's how your site will treat people, perhaps I don't wish to be here.

EDIT:  Dafoo, the term you used isn't something we accept.

If you're not happy, make sure to contact some of the staff privately and stuff.  I don't think anyone over-reacted to your comments since you said you didn't believe it...  Sometimes intent's miscontstrued on forums though so less "tongue-in-cheek" is maybe more appropriate so there's no confusion. 

Hopefully Evertying is clear...  Jared obviously relayed the situation just as it happened, Hasbro's not really BS-ing anyone on the situation since Jared only relayed what he heard verbatim.  If that's not "believable" at this point, not much else is I guess.

JJ
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 02:02 AM by Jesse James »
who Learned you To spoke!