Was discussing the explosion of large scale Star Wars figures with someone this morning. It's kind of incredible how fast it's spreading.
Since Hasbro kicked off the 6" line last year, we've had...
- a new 6" line from Hasbro
- a few 6" MAFEX figures from Medicom (Japan)
- a few 6" SHFiguarts figures from Bandai (Japan)
- a new 12" 5POA line from Hasbro
- a new 12" announcement from Hot Toys (1:6 scale)
- a new 13"-15" line from Disney Stores
- a new 18" announcement from Hot Toys (1:4 scale)
- a new 21" line from Jakks Pacific
- a new 31" line from Jakks Pacific
And there could be more announcements out there
Now we can add...
- a few 6" Revoltech figures from Kaiyodo (Japan)
- a few 6" Play Arts Kai figures from Square Enix (Japan)
That's now FOUR Japanese companies with planned Star Wars figures in the 6"-7" size. All of them with plans for Vader and at least three are planning on Stormtrooper too.
I said it before, I'll say it again - it's just amazing to me how fast and wide this large scale figure wave is spreading. And you all know the merchandising ball is just going to get bigger and bigger as it continues to roll to Episode 7.