Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586783 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1560 on: April 11, 2005, 02:24 PM »
I saw this before, and I laughed, a lot!

Holy ****, that's an interesting read.  I see Philip's upholding his same "**** you" attitude on his other site's forums.  Despite the fact that some of the TFn members were discussing how surprisingly old Philip actually is, his response to them is unbelievable, though very consistent with his Rebelscum B.S.:

Hi everybody,

I'm kind of interested to see just how many forum users post in this manner. It is surprising to me there would be so many people acting so childish in a public forum provided for your enjoyment free of charge.

What is it you hope to gain by posting in this manner? Do you think you are going to hurt my feelings? Does this make you all feel so manly because you have the bravado to post spiteful remarks anonymously like this? Geez, you have some growing up to do.

People like you do not deserve Star Wars, or at least Star Wars deserves better fans than you.

In this forum, you are an invited guest. If you can't act that way, leave. I have no desire to provide a resource for people like you.

I recommend you find another place to post, one that you don't feel the need to spit on. I don't care what you write about me or TF.N, but I do care where you do it. Spitting on me and TF.N has just ended for posters in this forum.

:-\

Ian's here now! Good to see you here, you were one of the few intelligent posters left at 'Scum that hadn't abandoned ship yet.

I wholeheartedly concur.  Nice to have you aboard finally, Ian!  8)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 02:25 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: April 11, 2005, 03:35 PM »
HAH! That thread's great. I love seeing people kick Wise in the face. If it didn't insult him he wouldn't have mentioned not being insulted. So that means it did. I'm sure one day he's going to lose it and then finally the Star Wars web community can be wholesome again. He talked about people not "deserving" SW. ::) Gimme a break. That money hungry jerk doesn't "deserve" SW any more than the people who insult him. I really have no positive feelings for that man.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1562 on: April 11, 2005, 03:37 PM »

Matt Fury posted a goodbye thread, and while some of us expressed our regret, some of the newbies went on the attack about him being childish.  I got into a heated argument with a couple of them.

I went to check to see who had posted into that thread today and was shocked that it was deleted, along with the one going on in the feedback thread.  I had put a lot of thought into that goodbye, since I had been in there for five years, and didn't want it to turn into some sort of flame war.

I replied to the banning e-mail and told Philip that I didn't appreciate it being deleted, he could've just had it locked.  Oh well, he can run his little fiefdom into the ground for all I care.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1563 on: April 11, 2005, 07:38 PM »
You didn't miss much Matt...  Jedilerious went on about not understanding your "thanks for the fish" tag, etc., and of course ended it with a healthy dose of "git" at the end because I guess he didn't want you over there.

To each their own...  I find it funny so many people would be so willing to let good established members walk away.  Not just the administration, but people who actually are invovled in the conversation end of the forums.  To me, the more good posters who leave, the less tolerable the community there (if you can call it a "community" anymore) becomes.

Oh well, I guess they figure for every good member lost there, they have a new GNT to step right up and post nonsense in their place.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1564 on: April 11, 2005, 07:42 PM »
You didn't miss much Matt...  Jedilerious went on about not understanding your "thanks for the fish" tag, etc., and of course ended it with a healthy dose of "git" at the end because I guess he didn't want you over there.

Sheesh.  You had me completely confused by this Jess!  Thought you were answering my question about what I missed earlier, but I didn't recall ever mentioning fish...  :P

You need to refer to the Matts around here more distinctly, bud.  Fury's known as #11.  Here, try this out, for your future reference.

Or, you can just do it like this:  Matt11  ;)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 07:46 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: April 11, 2005, 07:45 PM »
I actually got useful info about this spam, the Mini Lego TIE Fighter.

Still mad that I'm getting them since I'm banned at RS. >:(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1566 on: April 11, 2005, 07:57 PM »
I find it funny so many people would be so willing to let good established members walk away.  Not just the administration, but people who actually are invovled in the conversation end of the forums.  To me, the more good posters who leave, the less tolerable the community there (if you can call it a "community" anymore) becomes.

As much as it sucks, the fact that 10 or 20 of you guys left isn't going to do a thing to RS as a whole.

If you're wondering how the administration can tolerate it, it's simple. Most of them have no freakin CLUE who anyone over there is. When's the last time you saw Philip cruising through Wuher's or whatever?  It just doesn't happen.  Sure a lot of the members will miss those who quit in protest, and maybe even some moderators too....but most people barely felt a tremor in the force. Sad really.

I remember last year when I heard Philip fired a bunch of moderators at TFN, and all the people thought it was the end of that site. These days, a lot of people don't even remember it.

So will this matter in the grand scheme?  Nah.

Hell, I introduced myself to Philip last year at Comic Con and got barely so much as a hello.  And I was on the staff back then.  ;D

Who it will matter to is people like me who registered back when you guys were all "the regulars".  It means that I will just have to stop by here a little more often....and I'm happy to do that.

I've noticed the posting on this site pick up a little over the past 2 weeks and that's awesome!  It'll keep me coming back to chat, that's for sure.
Got Clones?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1567 on: April 11, 2005, 08:07 PM »
I just wanted to point something out that may have been lost in the more recent thread that got locked. Josheee and I think a couple of the dumbass kids from over there were asking what the big deal was, seemingly oblivious to what the problem was. So I'd like to go on record one more time to state what it was all about.

Yes it did start with me starting the initial thread on why we got the spam. I wanted clarification as to why Rebelscum would be allowed to send such messages to their member base, when no other Star Wars website or it's forums do such a thing. We got some clarification from Phil after several posts of confusion. I was good with the clarification, but then the arguing between him and others went on, ending with the oh so tactful comment he made and the fact he would not listen to any actual complaints. THIS became the issue, this became what the big deal was all about. People still had questions, yet we got no answers. Then the bannings happened, not over the e-mails, but over Phil's comments and apparently his perceptions of Jedidefender staff and members. And so that was added to the issue and we got the threads that started over the weekend. The e-mails for most, while being the impetus for the problems, was not the true problem at hand, at least not any longer. I hope everyone actually sees that.

I also find it funny, that they added a pseudo opt-out message to their second email, after we made mention of it over here. I too wonder, if it's a legitimate opt-out message under federal law, something I'll have to look into for ***** and giggles the next free moment I get.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: April 11, 2005, 08:13 PM »
Well glad this one is open again!! I think it should never have been closed in the first place!!

It's true guys, the longstanding members leaving won't mean a thing. So many people are registering here and there, that it's not even funny. I mean it's not the thousands that have been mentioned, but a whole bunch, for one site!!

Whatever was mentioned about going through TRU might be an option, but who's going to do it??? Would they even listen???

Anyhow good luck folks!!!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: April 11, 2005, 08:35 PM »
I guess its true you do get crabby with age.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1570 on: April 11, 2005, 08:49 PM »
Jaye, I think Corran Horn sumed it up perfectly.  It really wasn't about the e-mail.  I made that fairly clear in my farewell post that was deleted.  If the thread were I said goodbye to my friends in there that are not members here or at GH turned in to a bunch of the newer members flaming me and others....why not just lock it as was done to coutnless other threads in the past???  The reason: it's the same reason why the e-mail, and the why the bannings threads were deleted.  A lot of the older members became critical of the way Philip Wise is running the site.  I may be wrong, but it's looking like he's got a real ego problem and it's coupled with TF.N and RS making him money, and this is the last year he's going to be able to make large sums of money with these sites.  Ask a lot of the people who have been collecting what happened 20 years ago to this hobby when the prospects of new movies was gone.

I don't care what happens to RS anymore.  I will not post there and I told Philip that I no longer want to be on the mailing list (banned) and I did not appreciate my farewell to my friends there being deleted after being a member of those boaards for 5 years.  I know I'm not the end all-be all of this hobby and I do not expect a mas exodus of the RS forums because I'm not there anymore (but wow that would be cool eh?).  I'm a fan, of the films and this hobby, and after contributing to those boards for as long as I had I think it's just wrong in how they're being run.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: April 11, 2005, 08:50 PM »

Isn't that against the law?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1572 on: April 11, 2005, 09:06 PM »
I have to disagree with Josh and LJ to an extent here, and again, it all boils down to the quality vs. quantity issue once again.  Yeah, having 50 or so people bail on RS the past couple weeks and heading over here to JD probably won't hurt them too much in the post quantity department, since they're likely gaining many new members right now to "replace" them with, due to the ROTS excitement.

BUT, consider the members they're in the process of losing there right now...  Guys like Darth Anton, Ian_C,  Matt_Fury, Sith Lord Chaos, ruiner, Pete_Fett, etc.  In addition to the other top notch guys they've stuck the final nail into the coffin of lately, like Jesse James, Kneel Before Zod, CHEWIE, etc...

When you look at those names listed there, it's a veritable "Who's Who" of most of the better members that were still left over there, so that's got to hurt RS's "quality" somewhat, no matter how you slice it.  If I could've hand picked some of the mature stragglers still left over there, it would've been those guys.  Plus, they're a lot of the longer standing members there too, so once again, as with the GH exodus, and the original JD exodus, RS is losing a big chunk of it's history there, and there's something to be said for history.  When some of your "top" members have only been around for a few months (and I use the term "top" very loosely), that's really pretty sad.  It'll soon be to a point where we won't even recognize anybody over there anymore, aside from Josh, LJ, and the RS staff members and mods. (excluding the vintage crew, as always)

So I'd give a little more credit to the latest RS members who have become disenfranchised with the way Philip's running things over there.  If I were still over there on a regular basis, I'd most definitely consider them a loss to the boards.  Replacing the last few quality members, with random quantity, just can't be considered a positive, or even a wash IMO.

Plus, here at JD, we're all about the personal connections that we make with our forum buddies, and becoming actual friends in the "real world", outside of these online forums.  That's why I hang out here, and a big reason why I rather despise RS.  There's no comraderie there.  How can you get to be friends with people you don't even know, and folks that may only be around for a few months before discovering there's greener grass elsewhere?  Nobody cares about anyone else there.  It's just a big, anonymous posting whorehouse at this point, practically speaking.  Heck, that's why the newbies there have no qualms about seeing some of the longerstanding members leave right now.  They don't even know who the hell they are...  ::)

If RS isn't upset to see any of them go, I can certainly say that JD is happy about having them come, that much is for sure, and I wouldn't hesitate to say that they've made our great site even better with their presence - even if Philip and the RS newbies could care less for them.  Ideally, I'd love to get every last cool and mature collector all gathered here in one place, and let RS deal with, well, all the rest.  We're well on our way to doing just that, which is perfectly fine by me.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 09:20 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: April 11, 2005, 09:24 PM »

Isn't that against the law?

Que?

I've been banned from RS since last June, long before the spam hit everyone's emails. Why I'm still getting them and newly banned members aren't (some here said they didn't get the second one) kind of ticks me off.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: April 11, 2005, 09:45 PM »
Now, everyone needs to keep it down or else Lord Philip will hear us!  Don't you know how important he is?  He created INTERNET and if we don't watch our mouths, he'll ban us all from JD.com too!  He can do that, you know, because he is the most important person in the universe!  We are all just anonymous peons who would say none of this to his face!

[/sarcasm]

And on that note, I will send five dollars to the first person (with corroborating witnesses from this board) who says it to his face at C3 next week.  Extra dollar if he chases you and passes out after three feet of "running."  :D

EDIT: I would do it myself, but five dollars to have someone else to do it is easier for my broke ass to handle at this point than paying for a plane ticket and convention access.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 09:49 PM by DoctorPadawan »