Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581145 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: KBZ jokes on GNT at scum
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2004, 04:53 PM »
I find it funny that he complins when it is his qoute in the sig line but, as far as I know doesn't do anything to those sig lines of others on the board that qoute other members.  I been in the WandP thread from time to time and have seen it there where both sides use each other's qoutes on their sig lines.  I can't find alot of it now but know a few people have qoutes about other members at the fourms there.  Once again we see that Greg(g) is god. ::)

Yep, because most of the people in WAP know how to take a joke.  Gregg just brings it down harder on himself with his constant whining and moderating...

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2004, 06:03 PM »
Phillip sent me a rather nasty email threatening toban me back when I had  a GNT quote as my sig. If he is lacking in common sense to make comments like he does, I don't understand why we can't make light of it in our sigs. Perks of being the all knowing Mod I suppose.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 08:42 PM by jjks »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2004, 07:29 PM »
I know the general nonsense revolving around 'Scum last year is what sent me here, and I'm glad, because here you have intelligent conversation.  You rarely do there.  It's sort of like a classroom run by one of the kids.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2004, 08:34 PM »
Isnt there a petition to have him de-modded?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2004, 11:33 PM »
Isnt there a petition to have him de-modded?

Kevin
    I don't know of any petition to have him de-modded over there.  If there was one I would defently sign it in a heartbeat.  I think that it would be hard to get such an petition on the site since alot of people who are there now don't know the GNT of a few years ago (the old CSW days of the fourms).  At that time he was a post padder who ended up getting a thread closed, EZ Cheese (which lead to the EZ CHeese icon at the Scum), because another fourm member had posted in that thread about 250 times in a 1/2 hour time period.  This gived this person the chance to de-thrown GNT (who setup a game in the thread of giving different titles to people who post most in this thread).  GNT was of course King but he felt threaten by this other poster and went and complined to a Mod about the other poster's actions, even through GNT did the samething but in a different time period.
    There are many other things that he has done since he became Emperor (a truibite to his post padding, which I thought wasn't something to be celebrated at Scum) and then becuase of his high post count the younger people wanted him to be a mod since he had a lot of time on his hand it seemed.  Many of us seen him take this power of being a Mod to close threads which came after his thread which is just a copy of a news article, give stuipid comments like the coins and the Cloud Car Pilot, and many more examples of his ego.  

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2004, 01:23 AM »
CorranHorn (Jason) Just brought it to my attention too, about that thread I'd mentioned earlier about "Edit Etiquette".

The guy who was "fighting" with me in t hat thread (Dutch Cattle) decided to quote me in his signature.  He didn't really even make much sense of his use of my words.  It isn't insulting to me that I can tell, as I think the quote was funny personally, but he did it to spite me nonetheless because he simply doesn't like me.

Now, no mods are stepping up to my defense on that signature...  Not that I mind even.  I don't care.  It's not a big deal...  But Jason made a good point that if GNT is gonna cry about being quoted then why aren't I being defended from "attack" by such idiots over there?  

It's obvious that it's deemed not important enough by the mods to bother with (against the rules or not) and that's fine since it doesn't bother me, but it just reinforces the point that GNT really was just CRYING to KBZ when he made him remove his signature quoting ole Greg over there.

That's so silly and juvenile...  I'm dealing with it, and so could GNT.  I'll be damned if I'd go crying to some schmuck who decided to quote me in his sig, and give them the satisfaction of knowing they actually WERE bothersome to me.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2004, 01:44 AM »
You guys are almost acting as if this "GNT throws a hissy about being quoted in someone's sig" thing is some kind of new phenomenon.

No--this same type of sh!t happened last summer/fall, when at least three other people (myself, jjks, and OCB) had (mostly) harmless Gregggggg quotes in their sigs.  

Of course, since he spends more time posting than actually reading, it took him a while to catch on, but as soon as he did, the PM's and threats of "total signature removal" started.

Just like the GH thing with him--he feels like he's getting picked on (which he is, but which he also deserves), but rather than being cool about it and playing along, he chooses to take his ball and go home.  Which, of course, is just a feeding frenzy.

Personally, I have no problem with someone else quoting me in their sigs (and vice versa), but it's more than obvious that Greggggggg is incredibly sensitive about anything said about him--you get the feeling that he knows he sucks, but just doesn't want anyone else to "know" it.

It'll never happen, but he should really take a break from the internet for a year or two to grow up--drink some beer, bang some guys girls, and get into some trouble, like the 18-year-olds are supposed to do.  Like I said, no chance of that happening--no chance of him maturing or becoming "cool" or anything--but he should.

In related news, I got an e-mail from his mom, and even she doesn't like him.

But I love him.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2004, 01:56 AM »

You know Vicki too?!   8)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2004, 02:07 AM »

You know Vicki too?!   8)

Know her?  

Let's just say. . .  I'm her baby daddy.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2004, 02:24 AM »
 :o
 ;)

You can see some Greg stylin' going on over in the Fan's Choice #6 poll at Scum right now.  Good lord.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2004, 02:36 AM »
GNT's biggest problem that I've seen is he often types before realizing what he's about to type. He's had many instances where he's clearly said something that he obviously had no clue about and when he's been corrected in a calm manner by someone else, he doesn't retract his previous statements, he will most times just ignore the correction and continue on talking as if what he said is the gospel. This has often translated to the many situations where he will lock threads cause he's been outted as being wrong. I think he just needs to accept that he can be wrong and just let it all wash over in a non-confrontive manner, if he does he'll be a better mod and a better person for it. If not, he's going to keep getting the same hassles he constantly gets because he deserves them....
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2004, 11:04 AM »
The bottom line seems to be that Gregg is ineffective as a moderator, if only because he comes off as a hypocrite and therefore commands little if any respect from the membership.

I supported GNT's nomination as a mod mostly because of his even temper and his omnipresence on the board; two things RS was in dire need of at the time.

Now it is clear that he can only influence members through force rather than true leadership. It's time for a recall. I just hope that when Gregg does leave his mod position, he doesn't run around editing his old posts with "." like he did at GH.

The boy's got some growin' up to do.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 11:21 AM by MisterPL »
Post sober.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2004, 11:14 AM »
:o
 ;)

You can see some Greg stylin' going on over in the Fan's Choice #6 poll at Scum right now.  Good lord.

The best thing about that thread is where Pickles slams him over telling people not to post the scores more than once per page.

Which is even funnier, because Greg's warning came about 9 posts after I requested the same thing - I guess his word carries more weight... ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2004, 11:22 AM »
Of course...  He's God and all.

The best you can hope for's Jesus at this point, and to merely speak for the omnipotent one only as an amplifier.  Spreading the gospel of ignorance.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2004, 11:51 AM »

It's time for a recall.

I second that.

I wonder how one would go about asking for a Mod to step down and what amount of the general members you would need to support this effort.  I know people asked for Kidd to be dropped as a Moderator when his power trip started to happen a year or two back and the staff removed him or he stepped down.  Maybe someone should start a petition asking to have the staff to remove him or for Greg(g) to step down and give up his powers.