Author Topic: The Spider-Man Movie Series  (Read 121466 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Spider-Man Movie Series
« Reply #255 on: May 7, 2007, 10:04 PM »
1. Spiderman 3
2. Spiderman
3. Spiderman 2

All were very good though.

Offline BobaMOTSU

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 8, 2007, 07:10 AM »
***SPOILERS***

I thought the movie was good.  I really wish more was done with Venom, and I would certainly hope that he isn't dead.  I think they developed Venm's story very well, as well as Sandmans story.  I'm glad Harry finally died, but I don't understand why there was such a huge build-up between himj and spidey, only to have such a lame ending.  I thought for sure it was going to be spidey vs the three villans.  The 'evil' soidey was pretty good, except for the dancing; how childish.  i think that was thrown in for the kids, much like Jar Jar, the movie would've been fine without it.  I'm still holding my breath for the Lizard, I've been waiting for him since the first spidey. 
"Think he's after your kyr'bes?"
-Mirta Gev

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 8, 2007, 09:22 AM »
Many have probably already seen this, but I just saw some of these "Marvel and DC" parodies today (in the style of the Mac/PC commercials).  They are kind of funny, and the third one covers the new movie a little bit.  Here's the links if anyone is interested:

Marvel and DC #1

Marvel and DC #2

Marvel and DC #3

Marvel and DC #4

These are hilarious!  Thanks for posting!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 8, 2007, 09:57 AM »
It sounds like rumors are already swirling around possible cast replacements for future sequels.  Who knows how much truth there is to it, especially this early in the game.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 26, 2007, 12:00 PM »
MTV has an interview up with Sam Raimi discussing the possibilities of Spider-Man 4.  He is open to doing it, if there is the right story and if Sony wants him back.  His list of potential baddies include the Lizard, or Vulture/Electro and the Sinister Six.  Any of those would be great, I enjoy those classic villains.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #260 on: June 26, 2007, 12:02 PM »
They already offed Doc Ock, how can they do the sinister six? I am so disgusted with how the Spider-Man franchise went down hill.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 26, 2007, 12:08 PM »
They already offed Doc Ock,

Did they? 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #262 on: June 26, 2007, 12:10 PM »
Thats what it seems at the end of the second one. I am sure they can get around it, just me being bitter.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 26, 2007, 12:31 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure how well a whole mess of villains would be, as cool as the "Sinister Six" might be.  I'm not disappointed in the Spider-Man movies, although the third was a little down for me too.  I did enjoy seeing Sandman introduced, and there were a lot of parts I liked, but overall I enjoyed the first two more.  I have nothing against Venom and I know he has his fans, but the movie might have been better just leaving it to Harry and Sandman or something different along those lines.  Venom probably could have supported his own movie at some point.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing SM4 focus on the Lizard, as they've built on Connors character a little bit through SM2 and 3.  Vulture and Electro wouldn't be bad at some point either, a couple more classic baddies added to the mix.  Personally, I do hope they are able to keep Raimi on.  The weaknesses/criticisms of the third film aside, I like his overall "vision" of the Spidey universe, and would like to see it continue.  It sort of sounds like he was forced into shoehorning Venom into the last movie too, so that might have changed his original vision for that movie - since many found it disappointing.  Anyways, I'm anxious to hear some news either way on the Spidey franchise's future.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 26, 2007, 12:37 PM »
They already set up Dr. Connors as a character, so it would be a shame not to have him in a future sequel.  I like the idea of the sinister six - either bring back Doc Oc (we never really see him die) or replace him with a different major baddie.  To do this right though, you just need to have a sotry where all six of them are gunning for Spidey at the same time as a group.  My problem with 3 is that you had 3 baddies after spidey, but they were just kind of on their own, so it felt like they were trying to cram 6 hours of story into a 2 hour flick.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 26, 2007, 02:41 PM »
I've said it before, but I will not be happy with the Spidey franchise until Ben Kingsley puts on that vulture suit.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 26, 2007, 03:36 PM »
MTV has an interview up with Sam Raimi discussing the possibilities of Spider-Man 4.  He is open to doing it, if there is the right story and if Sony wants him back.  His list of potential baddies include the Lizard, or Vulture/Electro and the Sinister Six.  Any of those would be great, I enjoy those classic villains.

The Lizard would be great, especially since Dylan Baker is apparently up to the role. I would also like to see Carnage (Could be formed from the piece of symbiote Dr. Connors still has in his lab.) make an appearance, maybe spread over Spidey 4 and 5.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 26, 2007, 03:58 PM »
I've said it before, but I will not be happy with the Spidey franchise until Ben Kingsley puts on that vulture suit.

Or maybe Patrick Stewart?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 26, 2007, 04:01 PM »
Agreed on Ben Kingsley, he would make a great Vulture.  I remember reading at some point during the development of SM3, Raimi met with Kingsley about the part of the Vulture, before Sony/Avi Arad pushed him into having Venom in the movie for the fans.  Hopefully if that is true, that means that Kingsley would be open to the idea.  I believe it was from the Making of Spider-Man 3 book or something like that, but I'm not sure as I don't have it.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2007, 09:22 PM »
I don't like Rami's idea of Sinister Six. There's too many new villians that need to established.
Here's who shoudl be in the enxt Spidey trilogy:
Spider-Man 4:
The Lizard
Kraven the Hunter or Scorpion

Spider-Man 5:
Mysterio
The Vulture
Black Cat (Not so much a villian as a partner for Spidey)

Spider-Man 6
Carnage
Shocker
Venom (return as an anti-hero)

A Venom movie in the works?:

Question: And the other thing of course is you haven't really left Marvel behind completely right? I mean you're still personally involved in Hulk and Iron Man ...

Arad: ..and Spiderman. And I'm making Venom.

Question: Have you had discussions already about a Spiderman 4?

Arad: We are just talking about it with Sony.

Question: Do you think it's going to happen with the same people?

Arad: As I said, we are just talking.

Question: And how is Venom coming along?

Arad: Awesome. Awesome.

Question: When do you start, when do you announce who and cast and ...

Arad: Ah, soon. Soon. You know ....

This is from Dark Horizons.

KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m