Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 1 (RotLA)  (Read 32034 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 09:19 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Figures - 2008 Wave 1
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2008, 09:28 PM »
Yeah, the truck loooks great.  That troop car, however, looks really big and out of proportion.  In fcat, I think that it, and the truck, use the same frame.

Thuggee looks awesome.  Hope he comes with his hammer!  Just curious, the Hasbro preentation said 17 figures at launch...but I only cout 16.  Any help would be great.

1. Indy (Jacket)
2. Indy (No jacket)
3. Marion
4. Monkey Man
5. Cairo Swordsman
6. Belloq Ceremonial Outfit
7. Sallah
8. German Soldier

9. Indy KS
10. Mutt w/Jacket
11. Dovchenko
12. Russian Soldier
13. Mutt w/snake
14. Ugha Warrior
15. Cemetary Warrior
16. Agent  Spalko

I'm pretty sure I saw an Indiana Jones with Jacket from the new movie... Hasbro.com, maybe? I'll do some detective work later, but if what I say is true than that would bring it up to 17 figures.

Found it:

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 09:35 PM by Greg »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2008, 11:23 PM »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2008, 02:10 AM »
Oh, I know nothing about military vehicles. ;)  I was commenting that, at first, I thought both TOYS were built on the same frame.  But they are very different.

Hah, go figure...  Now I put on my geekiness for you, heh.

I'm thinking the truck's gonna be a bit too long to be on the same frame, but I'm just guessing...  Plus I do think it should have (I haven't watched Raider's in ages though, so I could be wrong) a dual axel in the rear, which would sorta be way too different for both vehicles to share essentially the same frame.  I think the vehicles have similar features though, but that's true to the actual "real world" counterparts.

Weird story about the actual props from the film...  I guess some of them are simply sitting, rotting away in the elements, at some of the Disney parks...  That sucks. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2008, 03:18 PM »
Good call Greg! Hey! Did anyone else notice that the little relics in each carded figure come in a little cardboard crate?  That's a really charming touch.

Anyway, here's a question for everyone...how well do you think this line will really perform?  I love it, and will buy 90% of it, but in reality, there's only a few of us here on the boards following it closely.  I think kids wil get a little interested, but it's not going to be like a toy line assocaited with a Star Wars film. I know Hasbro has spoken about Indy figs in 2009, but I just don't see the line lasting that long.  Any thoughts?  I mean...I really want a Toht!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:20 PM by speedermike »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2008, 03:21 PM »
I'm kind of wondering how well the line will do too.  I'm looking forward to picking up quite a bit of it, maybe even most of the "regular" line.  It all depends on budget, but the fact that we might have a bit of a break in SW from March to July will help.  To me, this line is almost totally dependent on collectors.  I can see kids getting an Indy, and if they are really into the movie, maybe so me others - but overall, I don't see them being too excited about Marion, German/Russian soldiers, and figure like that.  I think someone else mentioned it before, but the character appearance/selection isn't as spiffy as something like Star Wars is.  It will be interesting to see.  Even after a couple years of this line, I'm not sure how much more they could do.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2008, 03:29 PM »
Truthfully I dont think the line is going to last longer than 2 years. With that said, i think 2 years would be enough to get most if not all of the figures on my wishlist.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2008, 04:06 PM »
There's been a lot of speculation (that I don't think we've discussed much here) that Spielberg/Lucas are using the new movie to help pass the torch to Shia LeBeouf so that he can become the "new Indiana Jones."  If that happens, and there are other movies in the works, then I could very easily see this line continued on for the next several years in support of those new films. 

If that's bogus, or doesn't pan out for whatever reason, and the movies end with Crystal Skull, then yeah, I don't see it lasting very long.  Maybe mid-to-late 2009 or early 2010.  I'd be fine with that, too--I'm pretty happy with what we've seen and know about so far.  There's just a couple more figures I'd really like to see, and something tells me they're probably in the works already.

That said, Hasbro seems to be fully backing this line--maybe they know more about the future of the Indy franchise than they're letting on.  (Of course, they have to say they're "preparing for a long run at retail" or whatever.  Can't really say "well, we're just planning on a few waves for the new movie and hope for the best until the sales start to head south," can they?)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2008, 04:16 PM »
SOVIET SOLDIERS?  :D

I guess I'm in.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2008, 05:23 PM »
Of course, they have to say they're "preparing for a long run at retail" or whatever.  Can't really say "well, we're just planning on a few waves for the new movie and hope for the best until the sales start to head south," can they?

Well they can't say it, but wouldn't the recent history of most movie franchises indicate they should say it?  Fantastic Four, Hulk, X-men, Superman or just about any other line of toys except Spiderman or Transformers (possibly) would indicate they could expect that.  But I do think they've got a bit more legs with this franchise and a built in collector base, so it should run for a bit. 

As for the continuation of the movies with Shia, I'm not so keen.  I don't dislike him as an actor, but Indiana Jones is Harrison Ford.  I'm ecstatic to see a fourth movie and will be happy with the franchise stopping there.  I just don't see a fifth movie being too well received. 

I am extremely happy with what we've seen thus far.  Obviously more so with the original movie stuff that KOTCS stuff, but I'll give that a run too.  I'm even more excited about the vehicles than I originally was and certainly more excited about these vehicles than I am about anything Star Wars vehicle-wise. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2008, 05:47 PM »
I can't see myself getting excited for a continuation either and probably would buy the figures anyway. As Brent said, Indiana Jones is Harrison Ford.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2008, 07:09 PM »
Who knows, maybe Hasbro will start to tie into Video Games more, like TFU.  Also, if CW3D is popular, whose to say an animated Indy show wouldn't work?

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2008, 12:51 AM »
I think it will continue well into 2009 and maybe 2010, but I agree that Hasbro may be thinking in terms of future games, animation etc. I have a hard time believing that Lucas will let Indy just fade away. I'm positive we'll see animation at some point.  I also think the tale end of the line may be a Hasbro 'imagining' of further adventures, kind of like its batman line.  I hope not, but I can see them going this way.  Indy in artic weather gear, not 'far out there' ideas, just stuff from beyond the movies.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2008, 11:47 AM »
The Advetures of Mutt Williams and the Skittled Stormtroopers

I can see this line going two maybe three if they include young indy but after that is there really that many characters that could be made into figures??

We are already getting four carded Indys
Plus three in the deluxe and one with the playset.  that is alot of Indy's 

Can the line last with 20% of Indiana Jones figures, 

I just hope they give us a good run of figures before they end, 
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2008, 12:07 PM »

Can the line last with 20% of Indiana Jones figures,  

Well, I think there is a chance. Pirates of the Caribbean didn't last with 50% of the line being Jack Sparrows, so maybe 20% is the magic number.

I honestly cannot wait to build a small platoon of German and Soviet soldiers with some light vehicles (Jungle cutter looks too cool.) I used to be into the 21st military stuff when I was younger (Had a Sherman tank, bunch of WW2 figures, etc.) so it will be pretty cool for me to have some military toys again.

I am looking forward to future Indiana Jones movies... "Cool Biker Dude and the Search for Dr. Jones' Nursing Home"