Author Topic: Realistic Clone Wars 3D Figures  (Read 51578 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Animated Style for the Clone Wars 3D Figures?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 12:23 PM »
I don't think if the new CW figs are done animated that they will be done in the previous style. They'd follow the CG animated style of the new cartoon. While as a cartoon they look neat, I DON'T want them as figures. Or rather I should say I don't NEED them as figures. We've already got them as realistic style. I'd just want new characters from that series done in a realistic style.

What I can see happening is that Hasbro WILL do them as the animated style figs, then later come out with them as realistic. Or at least those never done before as realistic.

Again, I'm just hoping the whole line doesn't transition over to an animated style permanently. That would be the end of my collecting figures. As I mentioned before if they go the route of animated style for the new cartoon figs, I'll at least take a break from collecting new SW figs. (I can concentrate on filling holes for stuff I need for dioramas, or collecting Halo stuff etc.)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 12:24 PM »
Doesn't look like we'll be needing to worry about it being Animated this year... new pics have surfaced of Wave 3.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Animated Clone Wars 3D Figures
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2008, 12:59 PM »

...than this:

I look at the bottom image and all I can think to myself is "my god, that design SUCKS, there's not one redeeming quality to that design from the stubby legs to the bulbous chest to the pea-sized head" - it's not really even aesthetically pleasing.

But for the subline, it was accurate...

Alas, the point is moot.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 01:00 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2008, 01:36 PM »
Doesn't look like we'll be needing to worry about it being Animated this year... new pics have surfaced of Wave 3.

I wish that was confirmation enough, but it doesnt mean wave 3 is part of the Clone Wars line. That may not be part of the subline. There is still a chance they will be in a different style .
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 01:59 PM »

I wish that was confirmation enough, but it doesnt mean wave 3 is part of the Clone Wars line. That may not be part of the subline. There is still a chance they will be in a different style .

My thoughts exactly.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008, 02:01 PM »
Let's take bets.  Loser buys someone an AT-TE.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 02:02 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2008, 02:06 PM »
it doesnt mean wave 3 is part of the Clone Wars line. That may not be part of the subline.

Just to be clear, "Wave 3" is supposed to be part of the 2008 basic figure line (Mar/April), and NOT part of the "new" Clone Wars sub-line (Fall).  It is sort of Hasbro's last chance to go back and grab some of the designs from the old cartoon before jumping into the new cartoon.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 02:06 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2008, 02:40 PM »

Oh hells no, I'm not taking that bet....Friendly bet ok, but I'm buying the AT-TE  for me. I won't have that kind of scratch to drop were I to lose a bet.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2008, 03:06 PM »

Oh hells no, I'm not taking that bet....Friendly bet ok, but I'm buying the AT-TE  for me. I won't have that kind of scratch to drop were I to lose a bet.

Lol, I won't bet for one reason - I always lose bets.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 04:03 PM »
Just to be clear, "Wave 3" is supposed to be part of the 2008 basic figure line (Mar/April), and NOT part of the "new" Clone Wars sub-line (Fall).  It is sort of Hasbro's last chance to go back and grab some of the designs from the old cartoon before jumping into the new cartoon.

What I'm thinking/worried about is that this wave 3 line, and it's a great line-up of figures from CW that really seems like a wishlist almost, could be Hasbro's way of wrapping up a ton of CW figures people want, and then unveiling the animated style line (if that's what we're getting) for the new cartoon.  I hope that's not the case, but man this wave just smacks of "get everything people want out the most now, and focus on a new style later" kind of a thing.

I'm a pessimist though so that's just me...  Like I've said, if it's an animated style sculpting, I'll save a lot of money...  I'll be disappointed though as I was looking forward to new figures from the line, and just like them fitting in with the rest of my collection.  One hand I save money, the other hand I can't justify buying a new line I was looking forward to... 

The new wave 3 stuff looks outstanding though.  To me it all captures the elements from the animattion very well, but gives us the realistic sculpting that puts these figures right alongside the basic line.  That's what I prefer so it's all one line since it's all one story.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 04:10 PM »
I think that since the AT-TE is coming out and appears to be anything but animated, that's enough proof that the Clone Wars line will be in movie style.

Plus, Hasbro's seen a lot of popularity with the few Clone Wars figures they have made in TAC.  They were movie style and have sold fast... I think it would take a complete moron at Hasbro to launch the line in the anime style... I really don't see it happening.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2008, 04:45 PM »
I'm not really sure hwy this discussion exists...Hasn't Hasbro said, over and over, that the TV show CW figures will match the current ine?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2008, 05:04 PM »
I'm not really sure hwy this discussion exists...Hasn't Hasbro said, over and over, that the TV show CW figures will match the current ine?

Yes they have... I think that some people just like to worry about things.   ;)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2008, 09:29 PM »
Yes they have... I think that some people just like to worry about things.   ;)

Yeah, so?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2008, 01:41 AM »
The discussion exists because a "rumor" is circulating about it from someone first, but second because Hasbro's left implications that the line's "taking a new direction" for the Clone Wars line...  They've said realistic for the past CW cartoon figures...  That, to me, doesn't apply to a whole new multi-media blitz from Lucasfilm.  Sorry, they're just not the same things.

It's been mentioned different places about possibly taking a new direction...  Don't know I believe any of it myself, but it's worth talking about since it'll really be up in the air for a couple of weeks yet.

And the AT-TE looks like anything but clear to me...  I can't tell from the video if it even is complete when you look at it, so I hardly doubt it's a solid fact how the thing is desgined/sculpted either.  It's a pretty grainy shot of the walker, at best.

For the record, the last place I read the "animated styling" was some guy at POTF2.com said it...  Whether that's the truth or not, who knows.  The guy may be completely full of **** for all anyone knows.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77