Author Topic: Realistic Clone Wars 3D Figures  (Read 51931 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Animated Style for the Clone Wars 3D Figures?
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2008, 12:46 PM »
OMG!!!! These look horrible! They're like Attacktix only without the bases. I'm kinda disappointed, but I knew I was probably gonna skip this line anyway.  :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2008, 01:02 PM »
i did not see this coming at ALL!! Some of them look horrible (yoda) however i will probably still get a few but not as much as i expected. the clones look fine though but im not gonna lie that BD looks amazing. i love that figure.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2008, 01:28 PM »
OMG!!!! These look horrible! They're like Attacktix only without the bases. I'm kinda disappointed, but I knew I was probably gonna skip this line anyway.  :-\

COULD NOT AGREE MORE! I AM DISAPPOINTED!

There may be 1 or 2 figure I pick up but this is an easy pass. A new Grevious thats probally in scale and he has to look like a cartoon.  ???
At least I will have more money to allocate to GIJOE 25th.........
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2008, 01:29 PM »
I liked the animated line that Hasbro did for the first cartoon, but if these are going to be $8, I can only see myself getting a few. I'm liking the way the Clones and the Battle Droid look.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2008, 01:32 PM »
I like them all for the most part (aside from the weapons), I was really looking forward to Yoda (posed like on the poster) but the action feature raped that dream for me. I'll still get him though.  :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2008, 01:36 PM »
They don't look bad, but I won't be buying any of them. Well, I may get R2, he looks cool in any form.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2008, 01:45 PM »
I don't think you were rude speedermike, you had your reasons why you thought they wouldn't...

As we noted in our rumor report though, t he bodies (on some anyway) seem to be a little realistic, while the heads are 100%, completely stylized.

Count me out...

Also note, MOST of those action features are on the gear, not the figures, as our little insider let us know that everything he saw was pretty much what we see here...  Very stylized heads, more realistic looking bodies, no action features noticeable (on what he saw...  Guess Yoda wasn't there, eh?), and a big disappointment to anyone NOT wanting animated figures.

To be honest, I don't think Rex looks too bad besides his gun, and the Battledroid could be far worse.  I may get them for a simple lack of decent BD's, but really I'm still likelly to just pass on these once I see them.  The price did it for me, the stylized sculpting just put the final nail in the coffin.

It's money towards an AT-TE or two extra. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2008, 03:10 PM »
Well, I guess this settles it - Hasbro really DOESN'T want a lot of our money.

If they had done realistic style I would have army built all of the clones and the droids - especially the droids.

Now, they will be lucky if I pick up two of each figure (one to open, one to keep MOC).

At least it looks like the vehicles will remain compatible with the regularline. The Homing Spider Droid looks wicked.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2008, 03:18 PM »

Grievous has four arms.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 03:19 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Is that the AT-TE in the background?  :D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2008, 03:21 PM »
Could be. ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2008, 03:21 PM »
Yes, vehicles were supposed to remain realistic, which makes sense since you wouldn't want a split collecting core on something like the AT-TE...  That'd be disasterous for that item in particular I think.  That's pretty cool then...

The figure's styles are what they are...  I see the "realistic" aspect of the bodies on some of them, but definitely not all.  The Yoda in particular is 100% animated looking...  The heads are all 100% animated, but not on the clones (go figure), which look like the body of the basic clone is more animated than the head...

Yet, if you look at Rex, his body and head look like he'd actually fit in a little decently with the regular line, and doesn't look too animated...  There's a "lean" look to all of them including Rex, but it's just less noticeable on him.  The buffness of the regular Clone though seems to really imply animated style...

On the battledroid though, while I see the animated element, it also has a realistic look to it as well everywhere except the headsculpt.  It's definitely thicker for standing up I'd say too.

Obi-Wan's armor looks pretty realistic to me as well, however the heads on all of them are really a major turn from the design aspects of the regular line, so they're easy enough to pass on.  I may get Rex and call it a day then...  The battledroid's head will bother me way too much to buy it I think, as I like the body sculpting a bit, but just can't get past the noggin.

It does appear that there is some hybrid work going on with these though, however I would say that they were aiming for the animated look moreso, and ultimately any realistic looks to them are fairly limited, and are more dramatic on some figures rather than others (Rex most noticeably).  I won't be buying most, if any, but I think they really satisfy animated fans, and maybe kids (we'll see there), while they're easy passes for the rest of us.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2008, 04:05 PM »
I thought i was going to like these more, not that excited about them.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2008, 04:28 PM »
I actually like them.  It's something different I guess that's why. 

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2008, 04:36 PM »
The way these look, there seems to be little possibility of a simple head swap for a realistic version down the road.  Just by looking at the Clones (Rex and the regular Phase I), the bodies are done in a pretty stylized way that wouldn't even look right next to the movie Clones. 

That said, I am not going to completely rule out collecting these, if only because (I have to admit) they do look pretty cool even if they're not basic figure compatible.  I just hope Hasbro doesn't go overboard and do the (previous) Clone Wars wave in the Legacy line with exaggerated animation style, thus ruining any chance of a realistic version being done in the immediate future. 

Although, with that being said, if I don't get a film accurate, properly scaled Grievous REALLY DAMN SOON, I'm going to be horrendously pissed off.   >:(