Author Topic: Target "The Battle of Christophsis" UBP  (Read 24348 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Target "The Battle of Christophsis" UBP
« on: March 28, 2008, 02:35 AM »
Clone Wars Ultimate Battlepack: 087-06-2070 $59.99

As per the front page story, a new Ultimate Battlepack, but for Clone Wars...  I'm wondering if this'll be animated stuff or what?  Probably I suppose, but still it seems like it's possibly cool news.  :)  Maybe it'll be worth buying the set for the accessories and selling off the figures if they're animated?

Any speculation on this one?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline bikerscout1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have you now Paploo.
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Ult. Battlepack Rumor
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 07:30 AM »
it'll more than likely be animated.  There has to be a vehicle with that price tag, but I haven't a clue to what it could be.  This is pure fantasy but I'd die if it were a Durge & lancer droids vs. Obi-wan and clones w/speeders joust!!!! Non animated of course
Are you threatening me master jedi?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 09:39 AM »
I'm hoping it's animated, just so I can leave it off of my "to buy" list. However, give the Legacy wave, I don;t think we can say for sure until we get more details. I like Bikerscout's idea though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 09:58 AM »
I would think it would be animated as well, given the big push for the movie and the kick off to the weekly series - but its hard to say.  With the $60 pricepoint, something larger would need to be included most likely - along with re-releases of the previously made animated figures.  Or they'll stick one or two new figures in there, just to rope in collectors (the ones who care about the animated stuff anyways).  Again, these UBPs do make nice gifts for kiddos if parents spend that much, so it could be another "holiday time" endcap deal at Target.  Hopefully it doesn't mean there are three UBPs this year, eek.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 12:49 PM »
ATT
A few Spider Droids
A few Super Battle Droids
A few Battle Droids
A few Clones
Maybe a Jedi/Sith or two

Doesn't matter to me though, I'll be passing since it will most likely be animated.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 01:10 PM »
I don't think this will be animated.  I see them packing in figures we already have from the realistic lineup.

Here's my guess, an AOTC set based on the Battle of Geonosis -

Separatists
- Destroyer Droid
- Super Battle Droid
- Battle Droid
- Battle Droid
- Hailfire Droid

Republic
- Mace Windu
- Yoda
- Clone Trooper (yellow)
- Clone Trooper (red)
- Forward Command Center (new)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 02:19 PM »
Just wondering - Jesse do you know if the source who provided this information the same one who informed RS of this yesterday?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 03:01 PM »
Not a clue...  I got it in my JD email yesterday morning from someone I do not know, nor who wanted to be identified.  Nobody on the boards or I'd think I'd have gotten a PM.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 03:43 PM »
Gotcha.  The only reason I was asking wasn't to question the source, but just wondering if it was something that pops up at all Target stores in their computer at the same time, or if it's something their HQ gets early access to.

Wow, imagine if someone were to make up a DPCI and send it in saying it was listed as $199.99 Death Star.  I think I'd be out for blood.

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 09:29 PM »
This would be a good opportunity to make the Swamp Speeder vehicle....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 12:54 AM »
Target's computers are updated, I think, through their corporate HQ's...  So I think once it's in the system at one store that means it's in the system at all stores...  That's why price errors and things are universal across stores like Target and Wal-Mart (like the Wave 1 2008 figures that all weren't ringing up at any WM store across the country, etc.).

I don't work there to know...  I've talked with some people who do, but never about how a DPCI shows up in the system and if it's in nationally once it's found.  The source that emailed me the # yesterday morning was in the South...  I don't want to say the state, but it's south.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 10:59 AM »
Clone Wars battle pack:

My guess:
Capt Rex
ClonetrooperX3
Battle Droid X3
Battle droid commander
2 speeder bikes

All of the animated style of course.

I come to this assumption due to Hasbro penchant for rereleasing figures and ships. No new figures in this set though the Battle Droid commander is technically new due to the new paint scheme to make it look like a commander. Rex may have different batle damage on him and the clones may have battle damage on them. Just enough to make them different.

A good army building set to be sure, if you're buying the animated line.

If Hasbro has to have heroes in the set then take out a clone and put in Obi, take out a regular battle droid and put in Greivous.

Really I'd ALMOST be tempted at that pack. But I'm sticking to my guns and not buying this line, with exception so far to maybe Greivous once I see him in person.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 12:35 PM »
If the last two battle packs are any indication, we're going to see a mid-sized vehicle in there too.  Speederbikes alone with 8 figures, 4 of which would be Battle Droids (which now come as 2-pks) I don't think that would be nearly enough to justify a $60.00 price tag... but who knows.

Looking at the two previous ones, they had two things in common outside of figures - the each had a walker, and something new.  So maybe we'll see a red painted AT-AP (rather than Kashyyyk green) and some sort of new Separatist droid or something (like the Annihilator Droid). 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 01:36 PM »
Five Clones and a repainted AT-TE.

If we're going to dream...let's dream big!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 06:43 PM »
Hmmm, maybe this is where we get the correctly scaled Tri-Droid, which is HUGE. Not the Octuptarra droid, which we got and was mistakenly named Tri-droid.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010