Author Topic: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122016 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe (Spring 2010)
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Jesse - are you talking about this design?

To be honest, you could almost see Hasbro releasing this as well but using the Serpent Armor toy from GI Joe as a starting point. Or even a customizer using that toy as a starting point.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #151 on: December 28, 2009, 02:30 AM »
Yes.  There's a great color cut-away of it as well and shows ingress/egress with an average sized human and how they'd jump in the suit.

It's something on my "to-do" list when Hasbro's killed the line (which could happen sooner than later if these huge assed gaps keep up in getting new stuff all year long, haha).

WEG designed it originally, and it's great.  The SNAKE armor is a good analogy too...  The suit doesn't really come apart like that "in reality", but it'd be a cool way to get it done if Hasbro were to do it.  I'm pretty sure they won't though.  Hey, you never know though right?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2009, 02:23 PM »
Something like that Zero-G Stormtrooper suit pictured above was included in the "X-Wing Alliance" simulator game from 10 years ago.  In the game they were something more of a minnature starfighter used for boarding operations, etc.  they They were really annoying little things, which although slow, were hard to hit and quite effective when used en masse.  In the game they had the lazers and could carry a concussion missile for added firepower.  I rather like the Zero G trooper shown in the above EU figure wave, but like Jesse noted, would rather have something bulkier like that pictured above.  Guess I should track down some GI Joe Serpent armor ;) 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2009, 04:02 PM »
Jesse - are you talking about this design?

To be honest, you could almost see Hasbro releasing this as well but using the Serpent Armor toy from GI Joe as a starting point. Or even a customizer using that toy as a starting point.

Looks like a Kubrick!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2009, 01:07 PM »
I'm not a big EU person, but I've been looking forward to K'Kruhk for a while.  He's amazing.  The Spacetrooper is, too.  I'm the opposite of you, Jesse.  The Darktrooper looks really blah to me and the Spacetrooper is all kinds of cool.  I suppose if I ever played the game, it might make me more interested.  Overall, the figs are good.  I'll be really happy to get the BAD.

I'm in the same boat.  I'm not a big EU person really (read the Thrawn Trilogy and some OT related books, and a few comics like Legacy for awhile), but I've really been looking forward to K'Kruhk for awhile as well.  The rest of the wave looks pretty nice to me too (I also like the Spacetrooper), and I hope it isn't too bad to find.  I took it off of preorder to chill on the credit card use for awhile, and hopefully the one good thing with the upcoming lull is that we'll see good supplies of both this and the previous Empire Strikes Back wave.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2009, 01:53 PM »
Hopefully they re-release K'Khruck in maybe a BP sometime down the road so that his big handy-dandy hat come along!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2009, 09:10 PM »
Got these today, 2 of each. Wonderful choices(Bit so-so on the Spacetrooper) and really great use of parts and spectacular paint jobs, really good. Poped a second Jaina head on a female X-Winger, so got that covered. Used the spare Jacen body with Comic Lumiya Lukes head for a different outfit. A spare Whipid and Togruta won't go astray either. :)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2009, 11:57 AM »
Got these today, 2 of each. Wonderful choices(Bit so-so on the Spacetrooper) and really great use of parts and spectacular paint jobs, really good. Poped a second Jaina head on a female X-Winger, so got that covered. Used the spare Jacen body with Comic Lumiya Lukes head for a different outfit. A spare Whipid and Togruta won't go astray either. :)

Just to clarify, so my blood pressure won't skyrocket, you mean you got these IN THE MAIL today, right? You didn't just walk into Walmart and see them on the pegs or anything did you?

Did you? :o
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2009, 12:49 PM »
That would be so bad if he did.... have yet to see the ESB wave (probably like most people here).

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2009, 09:24 PM »

Just to clarify, so my blood pressure won't skyrocket, you mean you got these IN THE MAIL today, right? You didn't just walk into Walmart and see them on the pegs or anything did you?

Did you? :o
No, sorry to confuse, but these are available at an online store in Australia. Had them on preorder and got a shipping notice last week. I even wrote to them to check it was this wave, and obviously it was. A few Aussie collectors have gotten these. This despite the fact that retail stores are only just getting TPM  ??? Normal retail is way dead over here.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2009, 01:30 AM »
Whew, a lotta people are getting their hands on this wave already some way or another!

I feel left out...  >:(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 31, 2009, 09:47 AM »
Whew, a lotta people are getting their hands on this wave already some way or another!

I feel left out...  >:(

No worries - still a lot of us that haven't seen this wave at all.  I thought it wasn't due at retail until Feb/March, so you're definitely not behind.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 3, 2010, 12:09 AM »
Rebelscum.com has featured the EU wave in their photo archive update - I thought I'd just make a heads-up for all those anticipating this wave ... these are some really slick-looking figures.:o

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #163 on: February 3, 2010, 03:30 PM »
This wave is now a TRU/Online exclusive due to low Legacy sales. Glad I ordered two cases months ago. That really sucks and is really a sad state of the SW Union.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: February 3, 2010, 03:37 PM »
This wave is now a TRU/Online exclusive

Here's the Q&A for those not wanting to dig for it... (links, JOT, links! ;)):

Legacy sales have been so far off the mark - and retails have enough inventory - that even the EU wave has become a Toys 'R Us exclusive in May, with some online retailers having access to the last of the run in June. Once we start fresh with Vintage, we will be able to manage the line to the new collector baseline and make tight releases to keep waves flowing regularly.

So, not only is it TRU exclusive, but it looks like it's been pushed back until May as well with online getting second dibbs in June.  That reads to me like it's not even a lock that on-line will get any cases if TRU moves enough of them...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender