Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 112835 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 10:52 AM »

So far I've only seen them at TRU just once, but as far as I know the official release date is in March.

That would be correct.  March 1st, to be exact.
I picked up a couple more Iron Man figures this morning from a local Target.  I used the DPCI and had them pull a case of Collection I.  I grabbed the Mark I, Mark II, and Deep Dive Armor for myself and an Iron Monger for a friend of mine.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 01:31 PM »
what are your thoughts on the Deep Dive?  I have yet to seem him and I am on the fence about him even when I do see him - but I am leaning towards "yes".

Also, I could have swore I heard that War Machine's head is swivel and not a ball joint - can anyone confirm either way?  If its swivel its not a deal breaker of course - the figure is awesome looking.  I just want to know.   thanks in advance.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 02:26 PM »
what are your thoughts on the Deep Dive?  I have yet to seem him and I am on the fence about him even when I do see him - but I am leaning towards "yes".

Also, I could have swore I heard that War Machine's head is swivel and not a ball joint - can anyone confirm either way?  If its swivel its not a deal breaker of course - the figure is awesome looking.  I just want to know.   thanks in advance.

I'm a die-hard IM fan, but could not bring myself to buy the deep dive armor.  All of his armors are air/water tight, so seems ridiculous to me that he needs to take the GIJoe approach of a specific armor for fighting underwater.  It also just looks silly.  Haven't come across War Machine yet, but that is the one I'm ost looking forward to.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 03:32 PM »

I think War Machines head is a ball joint, just not a very good one, and behaves more or less like a swivel, but there does seem to be some slight tilting up/down, side to side movement going on with mine.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 09:20 PM »

I like the look of the Deep Dive Armor (though I haven't opened it yet).  I bought it specifically because it's different compared to the other Concept armor that is currently available.
War Machine's head is a ball joint, but as mentioned already, it's not a very good one.  His head can barely tilt.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 11:18 AM »
I ended up seeing and buying Deep Dive last night -  I like the look, though I do agree with your argument Jedijman about the air/water tight armor - I guess it doesn't make too much sense.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 06:57 PM »
SPOILERS

Preview of movie figs, including Black Widow.  Awesome.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 07:40 PM »
Sweet, I was hoping for stuff like this. Black Widow and Nick Fury will be welcome additions to the shelf. I sure hope they tone down the bug eyes on Whiplash though.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 12:47 PM »
One of my local Wal-Marts did a semi-reset (which, as is typical for WM, means cramming all the existing stuff closer together to make a small spot for a new line) and put out a whole shitpile of IM2 stuff.  Most interesting was that there were figures from the second film, which I hadn't even seen photos of online.  Then again, I wasn't really looking.

Anyway, the figures I saw were:

-Mark IV Armor (same general design as Mark III but a bit bulkier and a different chest piece)
-Mark V Armor (kind of a minimalist silver and red design with a rocket-firing suitcase)
-Mark VI Armor (the one with the triangular arc light chest piece)
-Mark VI Armor "Power Up" (press on his head and the torso lights up)
-War Machine (film version)
-Inferno Armor (Concept Series "Firefighter" armor)

I picked up Marks IV-VI (but not the light up version) and War Machine.  They're nice figures, and I'm really impressed by the level of detail in this scale (as many have said, the Mark I outshines the 6" version from 2008 by a mile), but some of the joints have been either stiff or loose, particularly on the Mark IV's "waist" joint.  Mine wobbles around like late 1970's Tony Stark on a bender.  My only other complaint is that of about 26 figures on the shelves, 24 were some version of Iron Man, with only two villains (Dynamo and Monger).  Oh well, I really hope that Hasbro doesn't make Scarlett Johannsen look like crap.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 04:53 PM »
  Oh well, I really hope that Hasbro doesn't make Scarlett Johannsen look like crap.

I take it you haven't seen the pic yet.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 04:54 PM »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 05:06 PM »
I picked up the Mark V, Mark VI, and Movie War Machine today at Wal-Mart.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 06:28 PM »

Mission accomplished.  And what makes it worse is that the paint apps are probably going to be awful on the actual production figure as well.  Oh well...are they doing a 6" scale version?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 09:17 PM »
Yes, I think TRU is on board for a 6" version as a 2-pack.  I haven't seen very clear pictures, but it was in the Marvel presentation and looks much improved over the prior Legends version and this smaller one.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 1, 2010, 09:13 AM »
Had to really chase these down the last 2 days, but finally caught up with them this morning and bought:

2 x comic War Machine
1 x Mark I
1 x Mark II
1 x Mark III
1 x Hypervelocity armor
1 x comic first appearance
1 x Crimson Dynamo

My Targets actually held these until the March 1st release date.  I was at one last night and they told me they're in the stockroom, but can't sell them yet.  Promptly showed up at 8 AM and waited 20 minutes for them to bring them out.

Also, $6.99 for these is nice - considering they're as good or better quality than MU and those are $8.67

The comic version of War Machine is so good that I don't even want the movie version.