Author Topic: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra  (Read 41405 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra
« Reply #105 on: November 6, 2010, 12:30 AM »
Went by TRU tonight, and they were cleaned out of the ROC figures.  Just on Wednesday though, they had at least 50 of them... and great variety too.  I was shocked by the amazing selection.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 6, 2010, 09:25 AM »
TRU has a buy 1 get 2 free on ROC figs through tomorrow it looks like.  Nothing but a sea of Doc/Shipwreck/Nano Vipers though so ya no thanks.  Odd that they brought back a few Pits....oh and 1/2 price on POC Bravos - just no restock on new cases.

wow, thanks for the tip.  wish I woulda seen this before I dropped by yesterday.  this may warrant another trip to TRU...

update:  stopped by and there wasn't really anything worth it.  about 3 pegs worth of Arctic Doc, some Pit Barones', SS's, and a couple of standard Vipers.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2010, 02:53 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 4, 2010, 04:16 PM »
Wow...Stopped by a TJMaxx & a Marshall's this morning and they have oodles and oodles of ROC, 25th, Combat Heroes, comic packs, 12", HOH, vehicles.  They even had special GI JOE signage outside of the stores on big banners.  I guess Hasbro must have over produced these lines a tad too much?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #108 on: December 4, 2010, 08:04 PM »
Stopped at TJ Maxx here, and still no HOH or vehicles. They did have a couple cases of wave 10 from the 25th line, so I picked up Duke and a couple army builders. My store seems to be getting out of the basic figure game, since the 25th figs were $3 each and ROC were $4 on clearance. They had a ton of wave 2 Combat Heroes too, which surprised me. They also put the GI Joe Monopoly on clearance for $12, so I think I'll pick that up the next time I'm there.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 4, 2010, 11:15 PM »
My TJ Maxx had a ton of stuff too.  A whole table dedicated to it just before Thanksgiving. All of the stuff you mention including the HoH figures.  I picked up the Flint figure for just over $5 and was psyched to get him.

I'm probably going to stop back in to see if they put clearance prices on anything.  There are a couple 12" figures and maybe one or two other things I might get if they were just a little bit cheaper.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2010, 04:24 PM »
My Target finally clearanced out all the Night Ravens at $20ish.  They also removed the POC mech suits and price signage for them..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2010, 04:57 PM »
The TJ Maxx clearances have been great - picked up a lot of figures for $3.00 each.  If they mark down the basic vehicles from $12.99, I might get a few more of those too... also pretty much all this stuff goes to my son now.  Fortunately though he takes care of them and doesn't break the toys or even lose the weapons... I guess he sees how I take care of my Star Wars stuff, so he feels he should do the same with his toys.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2010, 05:44 PM »
I see the pit is $39.98 at TRU.com

Limit 6 kids

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2010, 07:06 PM »
I saw someone walking around with the Pit in cart at TRU today.  I was half tempted to go tell the couple (younger, like me) that this things was horrible from what I have read on all the reviews, and was definitely not worth the $100 TRU was charging.  Then I walked by where it used to be on the shelf and saw it was marked down as noted above.  I thought what the, heck, maybe it is ok at $40.

Lol @ me being protective towards other people and their purchases for their kids.....

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2010, 08:57 AM »
grabbed the Cobra sub, mantis?, with the Harrison Ford look-a-like trooper from Marshalls on clearance for $7

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2010, 11:18 AM »
Got the PIT for $50.00 on Black Friday for my son, as a Christmas present. 

I saw one at a collector show recently, and to be honest, I thought when it closed up in "mobile" mode, it looked pretty cool.

But opened up?  Not so much.  Either way though, I'm pretty sure he's going to love it.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2010, 12:45 PM »
You might want to open it now and get it ready to play with Christmas morning if you find the spare time.  In many reviews I have read I heard this takes hours to assemble - especially concerning the stickers.

just a thought

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2010, 02:48 PM »
Yeah - totally planning on having it ready that morning by the tree, alongside a Schleich Castle playset for his Cobras.

The stickers... thanks for the heads up... man, I hate those things.  I don't even apply them on my vehicles (or his really unless he asks me to).  I prefer when that's already done by Hasbro... and even better if they're painted on instead.   :-\
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 02:49 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2010, 03:02 PM »
I heard it takes 4+ hours alone just for the stickers...I used to LOVE applying those things to my Joe vehicles when I'm a kid.  Now?  Not so much.  My Pit is still in a box somewhere...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2010, 07:00 PM »
^^^ yup, what he said.  you are going to have a long night after the kids go to bed real soon.

a Schleich Castle playset for his Cobras.

That is a really good idea!