Author Topic: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra  (Read 41412 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2010, 11:20 PM »
Looks like the canceled third wave of Target Deluxes is hitting Ross now, for $5.99 a pop. Man, that is the place to get all the cool stuff, and there isn't one around me for 250 miles in any direction.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2010, 12:42 AM »
No Ross here either.  Just TJ Maxx which has been good for some stuff, but Ross is really blowing them away this year.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2010, 10:39 AM »
Yeah no Ross stores in my area either.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Ross has been getting some very nice stuff this year.   >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2010, 09:01 AM »
The joe collectors in my part of town are ravenous. Every Ross in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex is completely wiped out.  Including one report of a guy with a basket of all 3 cases the store got.

Glad I only wanted the Desert Ram cycle...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 24, 2010, 05:27 PM »
I figure I'll get them on ebay after the holiday. I've been trying to get a hookup on Hisstank, but they all want to keep them. Right now, they seem to be pretty expensive.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 25, 2010, 06:22 PM »
My son opened his Pit Headquarters this morning for Christmas.

Putting it together only took about 30 minutes.  But the stickers look like a headache, so I'll look at tackling that later.  

As a toy, it's not nearly as well made as the vintage stuff.  They just put too much effort into action features on the thing for my tastes, and the end result is a somewhat flimsy playset.  It's still cool, and he loves it, but this thing is certainly not what it could have been.  At least it's not all funky with red cannons and whatnot though.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 06:22 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2010, 10:25 PM »
I knew my Target wouldn't have stocked the W3 figs since they just stuffed the pegs last week with W2 so I stopped at a different store on the way home and scored the Snake Eyes and Duke figs from W3.  No Cobra Shock Trooper, of course, but there were 6 SE figs on the pegs before I bought mine so that they had several cases.

I looked at Storm Shadow but already knew that I wasn't going to be picking it up.

Duke looks nice and I like the pulse rifle, but the other gun/backpack thing is ridiculous.  Didn't even put it on him.  I bought him for the fig more than anything else, I think it's one of the better Duke figs to date.  I'll just have to outfit him from the spare parts from other figs.

Snake Eyes is brilliant, however.  Love the figure.  I think the straps between the legs weren't needed but everything else looks great.  I even like the Commando head on this one, even though the visor head has historically been my favorite.  I like that the accessories all seem to work well, even the silencers for the guns.  I have to reshape the holster loop to hold the silencer but that's not a biggie.  Love this figure.

Now, bring on Low Light!!!!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: January 1, 2011, 04:55 AM »
E, I saw your PSWCS request...  Let me know specifically what it is at ROSS you're after.  I know the 2-pack now, but anything else, and I'll check.  2 right by my gf's place so I'll check them both out when I have time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 1, 2011, 05:20 PM »
There are two 2-packs that were Walmart exclusives.

Shockblast & Night Creeper

http://www.yojoe.com/action/09/cardedimages/shockblast3nightcreeper12.shtml

Gung Ho & Copperhead

http://www.yojoe.com/action/09/cardedimages/gungho20copperhead7.shtml

Those are really the only two things I'm after.  If you spot them I'd appreciate the help. 

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2011, 01:38 PM »
Ross gets more goodies....Sand Serpent With Star Viper   I don't really care for the ship, but never did catch a good image of the pilot.....Wonder what that store will get next ?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2011, 05:43 PM »
Dang. I actually wanted that vehicle, but thought it never got produced at all. *sigh* Now to beg someone for help getting it.  :)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2011, 08:23 PM »
I bought the Night Raven on deep discount last year and didn't really like it.  Something about it I just didn't care for.  I didn't like the pump action feature and the landing gear didn't roll.

The paint scheme on this version I do like, but not enough to track one down.

And I also just realized I posted a POC find/review here instead of the other thread.  Heh.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2011, 07:44 PM »
My TRU had all the ROC Combat Hero packs on clearance for $1.98 tonight.  Was tempted (as always) by the SE & Ice Viper pack, but I just had to say no and walk away...

I wonder if GI Joe 3 will be called Revenge of Cobra ?  ROC ?  Just a stupid thought if they even make a third movie...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Received a set of the Target Deluxes and the Sand Serpent this week from someone on Hisstank. It's great to have them, especially since I thought they were lost in limbo.

I would easily buy four more of the Whirlwind w/ Range Viper. Hasbro really needs a $10-12 price point for GI Joe to get these smaller vehicles out there, unless they've used up all the molds they have.