Author Topic: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra  (Read 41397 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra
« Reply #90 on: August 6, 2010, 12:17 PM »
The Steel Crusher isn't bad at all.  It could be better, true, but it's definitely better than the gunship.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2010, 10:03 AM »
For anyone interested, I got an e-mail from BBTS saying that their Joe movie stuff is all 65% off right now.  Some good deals to be had, if you are looking for anything they have in stock.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2010, 03:30 PM »
Fighting off the temptation on the HOH stuff.  $75 is still too pricey for 10 figures.  Well not really, but um...ya...fighting that temptation.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2010, 04:34 PM »
Looks like Kmart is clearancing out their ROC junk, but only by $1-$3.  Would like some of the w2 alpha vehicles mainly for the "drivers/pilots" but the price is still too high for me.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 04:34 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2010, 04:59 PM »
I picked up a couple of the blue Firebats from that wave but not on clearance.  Definitely a cool arctic vehicle. 

Apparently Sears.com has the w3 vehicles like the Volcano Cobra guy.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2010, 07:55 PM »
Apparently Sears.com has the w3 vehicles like the Volcano Cobra guy.

Really diggin that Viper.  Guess there's more than a few variants on him?  Not sure why Sears has a buncha toys, but I might just cave and pull the trigger.  Hopefully he finds a place somewhere safe in the POC line.  I'd gladly army build this guy.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 1, 2010, 07:48 PM »
I picked up a couple of the blue Firebats from that wave but not on clearance.  Definitely a cool arctic vehicle. 

I agree.  I hated everything about this thing when I first saw pics, but found a clearanced one at WM and I really dig it after cracking it open - not sure about the overly tall pilot though.  Really nice "upgrade" Hasbro even though the wings can't completely fold up.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 2, 2010, 04:50 AM »
I ditched the blue Firebat pilots earlier this year when I did a ROC figure purge.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2010, 04:52 AM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 1, 2010, 11:26 AM »
just saw that the Night Raven from the ROC line is going to be on sale (unsure of start date) at Target for $15.  It is in their holiday toy book.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 2, 2010, 07:56 PM »
Meh...I reluctantly picked that thing up for $10 at Kmart a few months back when I got the Pitt for $25...I'd like to return it, but can't dig up my receipt.

I saw over the weekend that TJMaxx & Marshall's are getting more waves of ROC in.  Charbroil and such...Still seeing a bunch of Alpha/Bravo vehicles at those stores as well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: November 3, 2010, 11:12 PM »
I actually was looking for a Pit cheap at one point, thinking I'd just gut it into something very non-vehicle.  It actually went fast here if it went cheap.  Now I look at it as a waste of space for a project I probably wouldn't have finished anytime in the near future.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 4, 2010, 01:40 AM »
The Pit didn't sell well here but did move on clearance.  I don't recall how far it dropped at the various stores, but it didn't hang around too long.

The Night Raven surprises me somewhat.  It's not a terrible ship, it has some cool play features and is of a decent size, but it just didn't sell well at all.  Part of it, I'm sure, was the price.  It wasn't grossly expensive, but I think maybe there was some lack of perceived value.  I scored one cheap, maybe in the $10 range IIRC, on clearance at Walmart and I had a $5 gift card.  I didn't care for the pump action shotgun feature but it's not bad.

I see what Hasbro tried to do with the Pit and I think it's great that they took a shot, but I thought it looked kind of flimsy as a playset and too big as a vehicle.

For good or bad, though, I think that's a model that the SW team could have used for a Sail Barge.  Close it up, have some deck play features and then open it up into a couple of levels for your Jabba to hang out in, a band pit, bar for R2 to restock his drink dispenser from, maybe some prison cells.  Unfortunately, I don't think it was big success for Hasbro and they even stated in a Q&A that the Pit design ideas weren't something they'd try with the Star Wars line.  I don't recall if they were specifically addressing that to a question about a Sail Barge, but it's possible.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 4, 2010, 09:35 AM »
Speaking of the Pit - I find it hilarious that about 1 month ago TRU.com had it on sale for $25 - and now it is back up to $99 online and is also once again on the shelves at my local store for the $99

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 4, 2010, 12:22 PM »
They are probably hoping with Christmas right around the corner to get some sales at the higher price point.

Anyways, I agree that the PIT format could have worked for a Sail Barge to a certain extent.  I almost bought one to convert into a fan fiction Sandcrawler design, but never did.  Too many other things were out at the same time.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 5, 2010, 07:58 PM »
TRU has a buy 1 get 2 free on ROC figs through tomorrow it looks like.  Nothing but a sea of Doc/Shipwreck/Nano Vipers though so ya no thanks.  Odd that they brought back a few Pits....oh and 1/2 price on POC Bravos - just no restock on new cases.