Author Topic: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra  (Read 41403 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2011, 10:04 PM »
Stopped by a new Tuesday Morning store in my neighborhood and they had several MARS 3 packs for $7.99 a pop.  I think I got 4 of these sets off HTS uber cheap last year so I didn't bite.  Love these dudes though - best troopers outta ROC IMO.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline AJ98

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2011, 10:55 AM »
I was never impressed with this GI Joe line. I just didn't like the way the figures were adapted to represent many of the characters from the movie. They just looked cheap and easily forgettable among the GI Joe universe. The vehicle sets however were interesting and I did pick up a few of those.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 7, 2012, 03:21 PM »
I dont remember ever seeing this Beach Head at retail - was he ever released?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-I-Joe-Ris-Cobra-Beach-head-Vechical-loose-rare-/260918265327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbff0c5ef#ht_788wt_1344

ps - how do I type this out so I dont have the big old url in the post?
« Last Edit: January 7, 2012, 03:23 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 7, 2012, 03:34 PM »
That's not Beach Head, it's Sandstorm from the cancelled wave of Target exclusive sets.  He came with the RAM Cycle.  They showed up at Ross stores and may have been in Canada also but not positive on Canada.

To set a link without the long url you use an open brack [ url= then past in your link and close the bracket ].  Then type a word or two to describe the link and put a /url between two brackets [] to finish it.

Link to photo

Also, I should mention that it looks like he isn't complete.  He came with a helmet and some weapons also, although I don't recall exactly what accessories (other than the RAM) without looking them up.

E...
« Last Edit: January 7, 2012, 03:37 PM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 7, 2012, 06:36 PM »
I have three or four of that Sandstorm guy.  He's a total piece of ****; very poorly put together with terrible paint aps on each one I have, and every one I've ever seen in the stores.  I like the Desert Ram Cycle he comes with, though.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: January 9, 2012, 11:38 PM »
Jst saw some of those recently actually...  Nice bike, really cool and loved that as a kid, but the figure did look pretty poopy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77