Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556363 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1005 on: November 6, 2013, 11:51 AM »
Rick had the horse idea first, but then got his horse killed, of course.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1006 on: November 6, 2013, 12:31 PM »
No clue who the girl was but she can sit around looking cute too I guess

Oh and yeah I'll reiterate the Bob thing...  Darryl/Bob talked about his demons and Darryl pats him on the back, only to have Darryl, Tyrese, and Michone have to save Bob because he's hanging onto a half-drunk bottle of Old Crow like he's Elsa and it's the Holy Grail about to cross the seal (Matt will hate that reference).

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 6, 2013, 04:31 PM »
Maybe she comes into contact with our good friend Phillip?

Or ends up with a role in the spinoff series.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 6, 2013, 06:08 PM »
Maybe she comes into contact with our good friend Phillip?

Or ends up with a role in the spinoff series.

I hadn't thought about that!  Could be the long term plan.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1009 on: November 6, 2013, 07:39 PM »
So far they've said the spin-off is a whole new thing...  or so sayeth Nicotero...  He's excited to explore new characters.  Maybe down the road, but at this stage I wouldn't expect any interaction with the TWD crew at all.

I was thinking the Governor angle too...  She may harbor a bit of resentment too, though I agree, Rick was sparing her.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 8, 2013, 03:50 AM »
No clue who the girl was but she can sit around looking cute too I guess

Check out a movie called Choke, where she plays a stripper and takes various clothing off

And yeah I thought I read the spinoff was supposed to take place somewhere else in the country, like California or something.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 8, 2013, 02:10 PM »
Check out a movie called Choke, where she plays a stripper and takes various clothing off

Well worth a Google search

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 8, 2013, 02:16 PM »
You speak of gas and batteries, I could see tires dry rotting and being worthless in a few years.

I look for Carol to be right at the point of death by walkers and the Guv rescuing her. Hey and guess what he does not know who she is because they never met and she learns of his plans for the people in the prison. She would not betray Rick I think, but mainly for those girls.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1013 on: November 8, 2013, 06:57 PM »
Absolutely on the tires...  And hoses and belts...  Cars let sit for years rarely just pop back to life.  The older a car the better in this world.  And two modern mopar muscle cars in the show despite in one instance it being a clearly bad choice is suspect. ;) Musta paid for the cgi those weeks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 8, 2013, 07:48 PM »
 ::)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1015 on: November 9, 2013, 12:25 AM »
Don't forget that in the time since the outbreak...it's only been about a year and a half...two years tops.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 9, 2013, 08:37 AM »
Absolutely on the tires...  And hoses and belts...  Cars let sit for years rarely just pop back to life.  The older a car the better in this world.  And two modern mopar muscle cars in the show despite in one instance it being a clearly bad choice is suspect. ;) Musta paid for the cgi those weeks.

Absolutely agree with this, especially about the old cars.  When I deployed in 2002, I left my truck at my mom's house.  I told my step dad to take it out and drive it to work about once a week just to allow the tires to roll over, belts to flex, and so the gas wouldn't just sit in the tank and turn to gunk.

However, I'll give TWD a pass on the dynamics of the cars just because I love the show and don't want to nitpick too much.  I appreciate that they have no electricity and that was one of the first things to go.  Once people stop working at the power plants, the power goes out.  The History Channel did a show a few years ago called "Life after People." Really good show and I think they said the lights might stay out 2-4 weeks if people weren't around before the fuel would run out and the automated systems would shut down.  Nuclear power would be a little different and might actually end with a nuclear meltdown because nobody was around to manage the cooling system for the fuel rods.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 9, 2013, 10:43 AM »
Good real world discussion, my friends at work and I discussed some of this recently. Whether it was an EMP that totally knocked out all electronics, the huge loss of people to run the power plants, service the grid etc. most things we take for granted would cease to work. I know they can't dwell too much on the details of why there's no electricity, where do they get gas from - and how is it still good; wouldn't part of it evaporate enough that it wouldn't have the chemical potency to work? And how after all this time, why aren't more walkers decomposing faster due to less 'fresh meat' for them to feast on?
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 9, 2013, 11:46 AM »
At the end of the second season they of course showed the prison in the background. After that it was pictured like they roamed for months around it. I still can't get past that a deputy sheriff in the same state didnt know where the prison was, let alone no signs were seen or that it was only accessible by a dirt road. When Tyresse and Sasha came in they came in through a breach in high brick walls. Given that I would looking for ways to live there, but it is a show, with a bad set.

Just how long could wildlife that dont live in the ground on in the ground survive. Animals would need rest but these walkers never have to stop

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 9, 2013, 01:24 PM »
In the comics Grimes was a deputy from Cynthiana, Kentucky, they are currently in Georgia.  On the show he's from King County, GA (which does not exist?). States have more than one prison, so I can give Rick a pass on that. The gravel road never made sense, though, nor does having a tree line so close.