Author Topic: The Hobbit - Toy Line  (Read 140126 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Hobbit - Toy Line
« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2012, 04:25 AM »
At WM, they moved these to the area nearer the main aisle where the action figures are.  The aisle where SW is now all the way in the back.  Hobbit figures are at the front and seem like they're selling ok.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2012, 12:19 AM »
I want more figures from these movies nowwwwww! and from LOTR.
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2012, 01:38 AM »
I won't break.  Won't.  Can't.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2012, 02:40 AM »
Hmmm.  So why did they make Bolg and not Azog?  I'm not getting that.

Plus, neither Legolas nor Tauriel made it into the first movie.  I realize they want to get some familiar faces in the lineup, but that's kind of odd.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2012, 08:33 AM »
Like the Lego sets, I am sure the shift to 3 movies put some of these characters into the 2nd Movie.  The White Orc should probably have gotten made though...and the rest of the Dwarves.  I still can't get over how big the Goblin King is

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2012, 01:59 PM »
Yeah that was what I figured too...  There's the mirkwood set in the Lego line and it's not in the film either, so I figure it's just the film shift.  Too bad the white orc didn't get a figure though.  He's pretty badass.

Agree on the rest of the dwarves too...  You have to get the main party out first.  I thought that was a flaw with the original LOTR figures.  They kicked off and didn't get the fellowship out the door right away.

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2012, 03:49 PM »
I was suprised Azog was still alive in the movie actually, but it wasnt bad. he is a cool design
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 21, 2012, 05:10 PM »
Our TRU has sold through this stuff pretty well since the movie release, at least for what little they have on hand.  The basic figures are all Bilbos at our store, then they have some of the deluxe two packs with Gandalf/Bolg.  They have sold out of the Goblin King packs, as well as the role play Sting sword.  Oh, and they also had a couple of the five packs last time I was there.

I really wish we could see a line of these for Lord of the Rings (specifically the 3 3/4" stuff).  The figures really are well done, and I'd love to at least be able to pick up the Fellowship in this scale.  Hopefully Bridge Direct gets that license eventually too, although I haven't heard anything about it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 9, 2013, 06:47 PM »
So, who are some of the notable characters that were in the movie but not produced?

DWARVES
Nori, Dori, Ori, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Oin, Gloin, and the Dwarf King from the prologue

ELVES
Thranduil (on his Elk?), Galadriel, Elrond, Thranduil's troops

ORCS
Azog, basic carded Orc

WIZARDS / SORCERORS
Saruman, Radagast, Angmar, Necromancer

I also think the Eagles and the three Trolls would be good additions as well.

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 9, 2013, 07:51 PM »
I think you nailed it.

It really is odd that they didn't make Azog but they did make the other big guy that isn't even in this movie. 

I mean, they made Grinnah and he was in the movie for like 30 seconds.  They made a 6 inch Yazneg exclusively to Australia and he barely was in the movie too.

Why no Azog?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 9, 2013, 09:15 PM »
The bizarre selections must have been caused by the series being stretched into a trilogy and the toys being developed too far in advance. Bolg, Legolas, and Tauriel weren't even in Part 1 and Fimbul (like Grinnah) barely appeared. Hopefully Bridge Direct makes up for that by including a few exclusively Part 1 characters (Prologue Dwarves would be great, as would the trolls) in future waves. Does anyone know if Bridge Direct will be showing off Hobbit Part 2 figures at NYTF next month, or if they showed off Part 1 figures at NYTF last year?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 9, 2013, 10:04 PM »
Bridge Direct may have showed some things off at Toy Fair last year, but I don't think we saw any photos of the first Hobbit offerings until SDCC at least.  Maybe they'll be showing off the supposed second wave of The Hobbit pt 1's line?

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2013, 11:04 AM »
I would think that they would/should be showing stuff off at Toy Fair.  "Strike while the iron is hot," for the movie anyways, if you will.  With the next wave having a "summer" release (they should probably try and get this out earlier), I would hope they would want to be showing off something at Toy Fair.

You know, what?  I am going to go and email them and ask if they will be at Toy Fair and if they will have some of the next wave to show off.  They were pretty responsive the last time I emailed them.

<insert time me writing an email>

my email:

Hello, I want to start off and say thank you for the awesome Hobbit line your company has created - I love these toys!  With that said I just wanted to see if I could possibly ask you if there is any info you can share on the future of this line.  The last collectors heard was that the next wave/series will have a "summer" release, is this still the plan?  Also, will you be at Toy Fair in one month and will there be any/all of these figures from the "summer" wave to show off then?

Finally, any update to whether or not you will start giving the figures peg holes on the bottoms of their feet?

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

maybe I will send them follow up questions if they send me a decent response.

if any of you would like to contact them to ask other questions (perhaps about why certain characters were/were not released), here is where to go to contact them:  http://www.thebridgedirect.com/contact.php

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2013, 12:10 PM »
Does anyone know if Bridge Direct will be showing off Hobbit Part 2 figures at NYTF next month, or if they showed off Part 1 figures at NYTF last year?

Yes, but no photos were allowed -

Apparently The Bridge had action figures at TF but no photos were allowed. 

Since one of the movies has now been released, I can see them allowing some photography of things based on #1, but would not be surprised if there is still a "no photography" rule for toys from movie #2 or 3.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 10, 2013, 03:14 PM »
Since one of the movies has now been released, I can see them allowing some photography of things based on #1, but would not be surprised if there is still a "no photography" rule for toys from movie #2 or 3.

The photo regulations would definitely be odd, since at least 3 of the figures currently in the line were not featured in the first film.  I guess we have to wait until Toy Fair!

Feedback