Author Topic: Recarded rehashes up the ying yang!  (Read 39955 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Recarded rehashes up the ying yang!
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2004, 05:38 PM »
I wish those Rebel and Empire symbols were a tad smaller, and less obtrusive.  Ridiculous to change the colors (incorrectly) out of nowhere, just for the kids.  Yet another point that this line is for the kiddies watching the DVDs for the first time.   ::)

Biker Scout looks great carded, and it's nice to see a HTF (clean) army building figure hitting the pegs again.  Leia looks cool, other than the fact that she's packing double fisted heat.  What's with the two guns?  Yeah, I know she comes with both, but just put the screen accurate one in the figure's hand, and stick the other one down below and out of sight with the base.

Very glad to see Chipmunk Luke's teeth disappearing this time 'round.  Another subtle, and nice change from the previous incarnation.  Keep it up Hasbro, and you may actually sell a few of these rehashes to the loose adult collectors.  "Loose" referring to their collecting method, not anything else you sick minded pervs.   ;)

SilverZ

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2004, 10:13 PM »
I actually really like the symbols in the corner. They work for me. In fact, I can't find a single criticism for the front of the card. The back, though...

Frankly, as far as intuitiveness of the logo colors go, I'm with Hasbro on this. It’s always been a contradictory design choice for the logos to be red for Rebel, blue for Empire. I can understand why they opted to go with a modification that wouldn’t confuse the unwashed masses. It’s a fairly universal notion to associate red with evil, so I don’t blame them for the switch.

And Hard Boiled Leia is a little strange. They’ve gone to great lengths with the other cards so far to keep them consistent with the background scene. Odd. I like the stance they’ve put her in on there, regardless.

Now what about this RS rumor of Ep3 preview figs coming on OTC cards?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2004, 10:26 PM »
Forget that small crappy picture above, heres a good quality picture of the Bespin Luke, just not dirty this time around.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2004, 10:30 PM »

Snow highlights on dear old Dad?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2004, 10:44 PM »

Looks like Gammy got some new paint washes as well

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2004, 11:55 PM »
Vader might be interesting, just from a carded point of view, and Luke is nice.  Is that IG-88 the SOTE one?  I can't tell.  

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2004, 01:00 AM »
I actually cut Woodchuck Luke's teeth out when I got the POTJ figure ages ago...  I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought to do that.  Just wish Hasbro had tried fixing it back in the day rather than letting it go to production that way.

I'm debating his height anymore, but all in all he's not a bad figure.

These are still ones I won't be buying...  THe Hoth Vader's not enough for me to buy it.  The Luke Bespin is one I'm on the fence on....  

The Gamorrean does look a bit crisper.  That's neat, in a way.  Shows how good a sculpt that was.

Anyone think Bossk's sporting POTF2 legs on Saga body?  Hmmm

I may  nab him if that's the case.  Much more "ESB-ish" than his Saga counterpart if that's the case.  The Saga one's almost an EU version of Bossk sorta running.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2004, 04:09 AM »
Ah, nice pics! Makes me much happier to have a few openers to look forward to in OTC besides the all-new sculpts. I always thought the Gam Guard was good to begin with, so he's all the better now. I'm all for that "clean" Bespin Luke. Guess he doesn't have a resculpt head after all.

I spent a long time staring at the POTF2 and Saga versions side by side. They definitely seem to share a lot of components. Those are certainly the Saga legs on Bossk there though, Jesse. Check out the gimpy left foot.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2004, 08:30 AM »
Definitely nice to see some better images of the figures in this series, thanks for the pics Scott.  I like that we're getting a "clean" Luke, I'll definitely pick that one if I see it.  I missed out on the old POTF2 Gam. Guard originally, so I'm looking forward to picking this one up.  I always wanted a Gammy in the collection (Gammy! Gammy! Gammy!...Seinfeld anyone?).  I remember he was one of the first "bad guys" I had in the vintage line, so he fought many a battle with Han, Luke, and co.  No pics of Bib from what I could see, and error of having the Skiff Lando show up twice (at least that's what I saw).  Anyways, definitely a couple more I'll be picking up, not sure yet about the Hoth Vader...might end up getting that one too, we'll see.

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2004, 12:54 PM »
I know the changes to Bespin Luke are minor but, those changes make all the difference in the world for some carded collectors like myself. Hell, on the card, it's practically a completely different figure when compared side-by-side with the Saga version. I love it!

SilverZ

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2004, 08:03 PM »
Hey, wait a minute:

Do you think they've fixed the rocket/button atrocity or they just used an old pic for the list?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 10:19 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2004, 08:23 PM »
Looks like it...damn them ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2004, 08:43 AM »
I noticed that too, and was wondering if it was an old picture.  If they did replace it, it might be another figure to pick up.  Plus, with the fixed rocket and nice background card, I bet that figure would look pretty spiffy.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2004, 09:52 AM »
Let the rehashes fly!

EE posted MORE case assortments for OTC.  Looks like there are a TON of different cases (wave 7, 8, 8.25, 8/9alt, 8.75, 9, 10) all scheduled to hit in June/July.

I am more convinced now than ever that the pegs are gonna be so chocked full of these things.  It's gonna make it hard to track down the few new figures from the Bespin wave, especially Leia who is only in one of those 7 cases.  Luke is gonna be EVERYWHERE though... Pilot, Jedi, Daogbah, Bespin.

Jeff

----------------------------------------------------

Original Trilogy Basic Figures Wave 8.75
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84715L75
2x Tusken Raider (OTC #24), 2x Jawa (OTC #23), 2x Snowtrooper (OTC #25), 1x Luke Skywalker Jedi (OTC #6), 1x Han Solo (OTC #7), 1x Princess Leia (OTC #9), 1x Boba Fett (OTC #14), 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (OTC #15), 1x TIE Fighter Pilot (OTC #21) (subject to change)

Original Trilogy Basic Figures Wave 8.25
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84715L25
2x Luke Skywalker Dagobah (OTC #1), 1x Yoda Dagobah (OTC #2), 1x Holographic Obi-Wan Kebnobi (OTC #3), 1x Dagobah R2-D2 (OTC #4), 2x Cloud Car Pilot (OTC #19), 2x Lobot (OTC #20), 1x Princess Leia (OTC #9), 1x Darth Vader (OTC #10), 1x TIE Fighter Pilot (OTC #21) (subject to change).

Original Trilogy Basic Figures Wave 8 & 9 Alt.
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84715P
1x Luke Skywalker Dagobah, 1x Yoda Dagobah, 1x Obi-Wan Spirit, 1x R2-D2 Electronic, 1x Luke Skywalker X-Wing, 1x Luke Skywalker Jedi, 1x Han Solo, 1x Darth Vader, 1x C-3PO, 1x Boba Fett, 1x Stormtrooper, 1x Greedo (subject to change).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2004, 10:04 AM »
I sure hope that Hasbro doesn't short produce the first couple of cases they solicited or cancel them (like the Yavin and Jabba's Palace Cases) because I sure want my Bespin Leia damn it >:(