Author Topic: Recarded rehashes up the ying yang!  (Read 40265 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Recarded rehashes up the ying yang!
« Reply #120 on: July 1, 2004, 09:20 AM »
Those Jawas are two I might have to pick up a couple of...filthy creatures

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: July 1, 2004, 09:47 AM »
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3016&zoneid=2

Here's the Tusken and Snowtrooper carded if you haven't seen them yet, along with the Jawas card fronts AND backs.

So pretty.   :-*

Tusken doesn't have the Imp insignia either... do you think this means that Hasbro is actually taking on board some early comments from fans?

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #122 on: July 1, 2004, 09:51 AM »
Well it makes the Bounty Hunters look a little silly now

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: July 1, 2004, 01:49 PM »
While I think the Jawas and Tusken look great, I'm a bit miffed at Hasbro for all the repainting they're doing.  It's compelling to keep the completist ways going by buying these, and yet I'd planned on not getting too much of the OTC stuff because it was supposedly "rehash".

ALl these nice paintjobs are irritating then, in a way, because it's like keeping the completist fire going that I'd have to buy them.  That's frustrating that they didn't just straight re-release this stuff as it was before.

At least on Tuskens and Jawas they're army building fodder...  There's always room for Tuskens and Jawas.

On stuff like Bespin Luke though, which is a figure I just wasn't pleased with the first time around, I'm thinking it may be a reluctant pass that irritates me that the figure was made "different" in the first place.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #124 on: July 1, 2004, 02:03 PM »
That Tusken sure looks nice. Comparing it to the POTJ and Saga versions, I think I like him the best, though I'm not calling the paint job superior, at least until he's seen loose. The Gamorrean should be a treat when we finally see him.

My problem is I had my mind set on not having to get more than 1 of each of these guys until the repaint thing was confirmed. If I had more confidence in their distribution I wouldn't be so annoyed. I'd be be really happy otherwise - repaints are kinda neat. The question is if they can actually be found in the store, because all this case shifting I'm doing to make sure I have 2 of each just isn't going to work much longer.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #125 on: July 1, 2004, 03:29 PM »
I'm very happy about the Jawas.  Mostly because they're my favorite SW aliens, but because Hasbro gave me a reason to buy a couple sets of these.  #1 reason being they got rid of that god awful insignia in the corner.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 1, 2004, 03:30 PM »
Anyone else disappointed that they did not rerelease the SAGA Tusken with the Gaffi Stick?  That scene with Luke was so memorable that I am still confused with the POTJ choice ???

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: July 1, 2004, 05:07 PM »
Yeah, now he's sporting Luke's gun.

It's a rehash...  release him with both even.  Don't be chincy!  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: July 2, 2004, 09:18 AM »
DAngit!

Wave ten is in stock at EE, yet has a different case-mix then when I first ordered it!

I ordered when the case pack said:
1x OTC-02 Yoda
1x OTC-04 R2-D2
1x OTC-06 Luke Skywalker
1x OTC-12 R2-D2
1x OTC-17 Wicket
2x OTC-21 TIE Fighter Pilot
2x OTC-22 Greedo
2x OTC-26 Luke Skywalker
1x OTC-01 Luke Skywalker

NOW, wave 10 has been updated as:
2x IG-88 (OTC #27),
2x Bossk (OTC #28)
1x R2-D2 (OTC #12),
1x TIE Fighter Pilot (OTC #21),
2x Luke Skywalker - Bespin Outfit (OTC #26),
1x Luke Skywalker - Dagobah (OTC #1),
1x Luke Skywalker - Jedi (OTC #6),
1x Yoda - Dagobah (OTC #2),
1x R2-D2 - Dagobah Swamp (OTC #4),

So, now I've got IG-88 and Bossk re-packs, instead of Greedo, Wicket, and a TIE pilot!

Stop messing with the case packs Hasbro!!!

Jeff

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #129 on: July 2, 2004, 09:50 AM »
Thought about ordering that case since I want 2x the Dagobah wave...I may jsut try my luck at retail on those >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 2, 2004, 11:06 AM »
They (Hasbro) really aren't terribly concerned with customer perception, are they?  Changing waves, short run waves, shafting retailers.  Sheesh.  

I'm just dearly hoping (and fairly confidently expecting) these will arrive at retail up north (eh).  I'm only needing the new figures and maybe a scanning tech or two, so not much pressure.  Will probably snag Vaders and others that look nice, but not much into carded stuff anymore.  

I feel for you guys though, they seem to be trying to make the last years the messiest and most annoying.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: July 2, 2004, 11:17 AM »
It's almost as if, slowly but surely, all the things that kill a toy line are creeping into SW:

- Rotating/changing case packs
- Running variants (Hoth Han, J'Quille/Tanus, Unleashed Clone)
- uneven distribution (was fixed for PotJ, but now it's back)
- gotta catch em all attitude (numbering system)
- repacks and repaints (a la Batman and Toy Biz)
- short production runs (anyone seen the Endor wave warming the pegs? Nope.)

How much longer before they start adding "Chase" figures to the cases?  Watch for the exclusive Red-Stripe Clone Trooper, packed in every 10th case!   >:(

All of the above items kill collector interest.  Declining interest = lower sales, which in turn causes drop of retailer support, which in turn kills a line.

Sliding downhill fast...  Just more evidence to support the case of us "The Line will die by 2006" crazies I guess.  

Jeff

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #132 on: July 2, 2004, 11:40 AM »
Don't forget cheaper plastic, poorer paint applications and not going all out on articulation

And I'm a 2006 Crazy...it's not gonna make it

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 2, 2004, 12:05 PM »
I'm starting to get a little crazy too.  

Though I have one (two actually :-[), the variant clone trooper is just a big old negative mood.  McFarlane here we come.  While McFarlane still has good sales, it is waning, IMO, with it's hard core collectors who seem ever more frustrated by the rarer and rarer 'chase' pieces and errors/switches in production.  

The cheap plastic comment is bang on, Lando's staff is laughable.  I'm sorely tempted to get a vintage one simply so it doesn't look like he's holding a piece of spaghetti.  It's been that way for a while though, remember Zam Wessell's gun from the preview figs?

Pardon my stupidity (you usually do) but what of the J'Quille/Tanus scenario?  I've never had them in my hands at the same time, though I own both.  I put them away quite quickly so never bothered to compare.  Are they the same figure, or just a substitution figure in the same case, differing by just this figure?  Please explain.  

Endor wave is actually sitting up here by the way.  Han moves pretty quick, but general Lando and Madine can be found pretty easily.  For a change we have three retailers carrying them.  Anyone needs  Madine or Lando, LMK cuz I have to return them.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #134 on: July 2, 2004, 12:08 PM »
Tanus and J'Quille share parts...speaking of which I took pictures of them last night for a review Jesse did...I'll be right back for with a few shots