Author Topic: Ruprecht's Customs --Similar Stuff-- (Update 8/1/07)  (Read 42083 times)

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: Bjardkerr's customs (Update 2/8/06, CW Captain Fordo)
« Reply #60 on: February 9, 2006, 12:13 AM »
Thanks guys,

I agree, Phruby, that the head doth indeed suck.  I only put the Tank Gunner head on him because I think he'd be one of the first batch of clones, and therefore would look older.  Once I successfully cast some clone heads, or buy them from someone, I'll take a shot at altering them, but until then I'll have to settle for the cross-eyed, slack-jawed hillbilly look.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 9, 2006, 12:53 AM »
very interesting fordo custom bjardkerr.  your work looks amazing on the short pistol, the pauldron and the holster and the helmet looks very good too...but the non-animated clone body and the fact that we never see a clone "unmasked" in the clone wars animated series is what kind of ruins it for me. this is not a slam on you or work, please don't take it that way, this is just my opinion. i guess what i am trying to say is i prefer either "real world" or "animated" style and not a mixture.  i know we all have limited budgets and work with what we have and you have done a wonderful job doing just that.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #62 on: February 9, 2006, 01:20 AM »
Great work on Commander Cody very realistic and just the right amount of weathering has been done well done.

Captain Fordo look awesome the helmet and is great and the belt and shoulder gear turned out reall well.

Ron

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 9, 2006, 01:23 AM »
No offense taken.  My intent with this was to see how well an AOTC style helmet accommodated a Neyo-like sculpt, since I think the ROTS helmet-based Neyo sculpts out there have too much bulk in the rebreather area. 

I can understand your viewpoint, since the most we ever see is the back of Fordo's head prior to the Hypori rescue, I just like removable helmets for some reason.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Bjardkerr's customs (Update 1/1/06, Commander Cody)
« Reply #64 on: February 9, 2006, 01:31 AM »
Here's my first attempt at Captain Fordo from Clone Wars Season 2.  You'll notice the holster doesn't close on the gun, it used to close into a little slit and it looked cool once, but I accidentally broke it off and am too lazy to fix it.

I'm not entirely happy with the way his helmet worked out, so I'm working on a second one, which you'll see in the last pic.  The tweezers are not custom, but I believe the brand name is Revlon, should you admire the craftsmanship thereof.

Captain Fordo with Jai'galaar Eyes, or "Jaig Eyes"

Head:  ROTS Evo clone
Helmet:  AOTC Evo helmet, cut and sanded blank for the most part
Visor/rebreather:  Sheet styrene +sculpy
Macrobinoc hinges/helmet "fin":  Sheet styrene
Pauldron:  Sheet styrene
Pauldron strap:  Elastic banding painted dark gray
Wrist Comm:  Sheet styrene
Belt:  ROTS Evo clone belt, cut.  Styrene rectangles cut to shape, glued, and painted.
Holster:  Sheet styrene
Sidearm:  Grievous blaster for the grip, sheet styrene for the barrel
Rifle Barrel/scope:  Clone Wars Trooper rifle
Rifle stock/grip/scope mount/red thingy:  Sheet styrene
Paint:  slightly lightened Apple Barrel "Red Apple;"  Apple Barrel "Misty White" and "White;"  custom mix light and dark gray;  Folkart "Licorice" black; 

Wow... what a sweet, well thought out and executed custom figure.  I personally love the helmet. This is one of those ones that has a cartoonish feel to me, but in a kickass way.  I love all the details like the strap, the helmet is awesome, he's got fantastic articulation, etc.   This customs really rocks... I love the helmet.  I do see a mixture of animation and real world work here, something I never thought could be pulled off but you did it... I'd say add a small bit of weathering and you've created a custom that people will use as a measuring standard.

:P

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 9, 2006, 01:38 AM »
Thanks Chewie,  the weathering was something I stewed over quite a bit.  The cartoon version wouldn't be weathered at all, but he looks a bit too bright w/o it in the pics, and especially in the real world next to other clones.  I'm doing another one for my son, and I'll decide which one to weather when it's done. 

BTW, does anyone have a standard white color paint that they use for the clone body armor?  Like I said, he looks a bit bright, but I've yet to come up with a white color that isn't.  Maybe I should add a tiny bit of light blue?  Suggestions?

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 9, 2006, 01:39 AM »
It's nice...y'know, for another boring clone custom.  :P

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 9, 2006, 01:42 AM »
 :o

I KEESS YOU!

:-*

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 9, 2006, 01:58 AM »
On a serious note, I like it very much. As Chewie said, it's a blending of cartoon and realism I wouldn't think would work out well, but you have pulled it off masterfully.

The paint apps are great and the helmet is EXTREMELY well done...I don't think I could have pulled this off had I tried.

And they say clone customizers lack creativity. I point to your clones and I say the defense rests.   ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #69 on: February 9, 2006, 09:09 AM »
You know what, that helmet would be perfect for comander NEO. BJ you should make casts of those because they would work great.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2006, 11:58 PM »
Wow!

This is one of my favorite troopers from the Animated series. Excellent exicution.
The Paint apts are clean and Sharp.
You've melded the Live action and animated aspects together and created a very unique look.
The Helmet mod is amazing. Any Chance we'll see some Cast?
I've wanted to do a live action version of this character ever since I saw the Cartoon But, I i'm stumped on the helmet mod.

Keep up the great work!
Fritzkrieg

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2006, 08:25 AM »
Thanks guys.

Any Chance we'll see some Cast?

I don't know if I'll ever have the chance to get casting stuff on my own, so I may see if Glassman will make casts of it.  If the alternate helmet turns out better, I may have that one cast instead.  I'm recovering from sinus and nasal surgery, so everything's on hold for the next week or so......now if you'll excuse me I must rinse, blow ghastly chunks, and repeat.   :'(

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2006, 06:05 PM »
BTW, does anyone have a standard white color paint that they use for the clone body armor?  Like I said, he looks a bit bright, but I've yet to come up with a white color that isn't.  Maybe I should add a tiny bit of light blue?  Suggestions?

I use Games Workshop Skull White - it's the "whitest of the white" from I've seen so far.  It might not be what you're looking for if you want to tone down the brightness a bit, but I've found that it matches the #41 SA Clone's white armor perfectly.

I really like the look of your Capt. Fordo - the helmet is very cool, I don't think you need to change it.  I think you successfully captured a combination of the Animated/"real world" version of this character.  The only thing that doesn't really work for me is the belt, it still seems a bit too "animated" to me.  I don't know how accurate it would be, but I would just repainted the #41 SA Clone's belt. 

Great job on those accessories as well.  The pauldron looks perfect and the blaster is awesome, very clever.  Nice work!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2006, 07:18 PM »
I want to echo everyone's comments on Captain Fordo.  He looks great.   The paint job is very well done. You definitely should get some casts made from those helmets.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Here's my first Boss, with modified "Deece."  He's been done for about a month, but instead of posting pics and such I've spent what little customizing time I have trying to learn molding, casting, and sculpting.  More pics to come, I'm tired.