Author Topic: Why there are no more pictures of Bly  (Read 20672 times)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Why there are no more pictures of Bly
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2005, 01:13 AM »
If that's how your site will treat people, perhaps I don't wish to be here.

Perhaps.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2005, 01:44 AM »
If that's how your site will treat people, perhaps I don't wish to be here.

I can think of another site that would love to have ya...
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2005, 03:33 AM »
JediMAC:  ACK you peolpe are NUTS!  Read what people actually type.  Geepers.  All I said was that I don't believe Hasbro has just one of those.  Good gosh man, this isn't who shot JR.  I didn't impune the guy who started this thread and was standing there. I didn't say Bly was FAKE stolen to make some asinine Hype.  BAH ON YOU, CHOMP.

Dafoo, what in the hell are you talking about here?  Is this a response to this one line that I mentioned your name in?

And why we're getting excited over the fact that doofus dafoo isn't buying the story is beyond me...  :P

If that's what you're replying to, you make no sense whatsoever.  It looks like YOU need to start reading what people type.  Furthermore, if you don't stop acting like a complete and total ass all over this forum, and yelling at and badgering people for no reason whatsoever, we're going to suspend your posting priveleges for a while.  So knock it off.  We're all getting real tired of it.  Thanks.

- Matt

Makes perfect sense JediMac, People were getting excited over me not buying the story.

Right, "people were".  I wasn't.  I never said anything to or about you (aside from the doofus crack).  I simply asked why everyone was getting so excited over your comments.  Then you called ME out for getting excited over your comments.  That's what doesn't make sense, and that's why your posts are growing more and more annoying.  Understand?

And while we're discussing things, please explain to me why you spend so much time on a collecting board if you don't even collect the stuff you're talking about.  That's a little bit odd, I think...

Also odd is the fact that you're supposedly in Minnesota, yet you've never once popped into our huge Minnesota finds thread here and said "hi" to or chatted with any of your local collectors.  Why is that?  We're a very tight-knit community here at JD, so it always strikes me as strange when someone joins in on the discussions here, but never attempts to get to know any of their their fellow forum members here, and moreso goes so far as to seemingly attempt to agitate some of them on numerous occasions...  Yelling at me, and then saying everyone's nuts?  Like I said, that's not gonna win you much favor around here, especially as a newbie.

I also think that this is the most intelligent bunch of posters on any SW collecting board on the net, so to suggest that none of us know how to read, when no one's ever had a single reading comprehension problem in this forum to date, is asinine.  Makes me think that the problem may actually reside with you...  Just a thought.

- Matt

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2005, 12:41 PM »
Jared? Are you still reading this monster? I think it's very unfortunate this occurred and sure hope it won't affect into a late figure release or something (like we talked about at hooters when you told me how this really sets Hasbro back(from the Hasbro guy)). and....Please, no more Star Trek exclusive forum destroyas'! ;)

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2005, 03:42 PM »
JJ:
EDIT:  Dafoo, the term you used isn't something we accept.
If you're not happy, make sure to contact some of the staff privately and stuff.

Please do let me know what term you refer to because I honestly don't know what it is; especially given the large amount of cursing already prevalent on this site. I was not unhappy at all.  I was joking along with it all. Seeing that JediMac has such issues with me, he should have contacted me privately.

Sometimes intent's misconstrued on forums though so less "tongue-in-cheek" is maybe more appropriate so there's no confusion.    It would have been nice to have gotten such polite note beforehand.

Jared obviously relayed the situation just as it happened, Hasbro's not really BS-ing anyone on the situation since Jared only relayed what he heard verbatim. Everything is clear; I have not discounted or opposed any of Jared's statements.

----------------

JediMac:

Right, "people were".  I wasn't. No JediMac, you did not; until the doofus crack. You, as an admin, chose to come here and attack me personally.  You then further go on to start assaulting me as a troublemaker.

Then you called ME out for getting excited over your comments. No, I called everyone out that was looping me in with the crazed comments attacking Tydrium for not apprehending the thief. You threw in a snide remark instead of just stating, 'why are people getting upset over dafoo's comments.'  Your implication, "dafoo's a moron."

Failing utterly to notice my jovial approach to these discussions and all discussions, you decided to come out here and read me a riot act about my behavior on this site as a whole.  Posting up acting like I've been a problem throughout the site, never once making any attempt to perhaps INSITE message me that people (Read: you) are having a hard time deciding if I'm joking or not.

Ah, so since I am not collecting and don't meet your demands of how someone should view these forums you've decided something is wrong with me.  How dare I go against your flow and view the forums and post in the forums I desire.

Forgive me for not being wealthy enough to collect and yet still enjoying the subject, I didn't know that would be a blight against me with you.

Also odd is the fact that you're supposedly in Minnesota, yet you've never once popped into our huge Minnesota finds thread here and said "hi" to or chatted with any of your local collectors.

Further impugning of my character.  As if I'd lie in the contest entries.  Could be as simple as I never opened that forum, but you refuse to ponder that; just more assumptions.  I had no reason to open that forum; I don't find anything anymore; as you are so eager to point out.

We're a very tight-knit community here at JD

I.e. should anyone show up that does fall immediately into your group; you must take issue with him?

Instead of attempting to politely and privately ask if I am joking, or ask I add a mess of smilies to be completely obvious, you came out here and decided to slap me around publicly.  Not even a message asking if I’d clarify, as other admins did for Gatillo.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2005, 05:40 PM »

Dafoo, what in the hell are you talking about here?  Is this a response to this one line that I mentioned your name in?

And why we're getting excited over the fact that doofus dafoo isn't buying the story is beyond me...  :P

If that's what you're replying to, you make no sense whatsoever.  It looks like YOU need to start reading what people type.  Furthermore, if you don't stop acting like a complete and total ass all over this forum, and yelling at and badgering people for no reason whatsoever, we're going to suspend your posting priveleges for a while.  So knock it off.  We're all getting real tired of it.  Thanks.

- Matt

Dafoo, you silly silly person, he was making a joke. Deanpaul was making a joke. That is the atmosphere here. If you don't like the atmosphere here, feel free to take off. If Matt says your doing somthing, and requests you stop, I would take it very seriously. Especialy now that JJ had to edit your post because of somthing obviously not acceptable.

It would have been nice to have gotten such polite note beforehand.
If you had read and absorbed any of the forums content before hand, and looked at some of the post quality, you would have known this.

Again, Colman didn't attack you, he made a joke. I don't see you riding Deanpaul for his joke.

Sheesh.

Back to Bly.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2005, 05:51 PM »
I don't know if this has been covered yet, but here are my thoughts on the big conspiracy involving a $2 piece of painted plastic:

If the painted sample of Bly was the only sample that the Big H had for paint reference then I now know why they have so many problems!

Seriously, LFL should have style guides that licensees use (and posess) to create accurate product.  For example, Yoda's skin color should always be PMSXXX and Vader's lightsaber is always PMSYYY.

I'm sure clones are covered.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2005, 05:58 PM »
Dressel:

Indeed I know dean was joking, I wasn't responding angrily. 

I was clarifying exactly what I said and joking right back.  How can you take Scallywag as serious? =p

I still don't know what this term I used was, I don't note anything missing from my post, (something JJ removed)

I insited him to ask what was up about that

JJ: responded,  didn't even realize I'd said that.  Apologies
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 06:06 PM by dafoo »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2005, 06:05 PM »
The term that we don't allow to be used around here, even in a joking manner, is "Nazi".

As for asking for some insight into why you hang out on a collecting board if you don't collect anything, you're certainly under no obligation to answer that.  I was just curious, since I've never known anyone else who's done that.  Granted, collecting isn't necessarily a prerequisite for hanging out here, I guess...

Same thing for the Minnesota thread question.  At no point did I actually call you a liar about living in MN.  No idea where you got that hair-brained idea from, other than me saying "you supposedly live in MN".  I was just curious why you have no desire to get to know any of the locals out there, especially when they're having big get-togethers (10-15 people) every month now.

Also, check your PMs in a minute.  I think you're taking a lot of this stuff WAY too personally, and some of it just flat-out incorrectly...

It might also help if you checked out some of our various posting features here, which may help folks better understand some of your posts.  These three in particular come to mind: (edit), (quoting) and  :P (sarcasm).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 07:41 PM by JediMAC »

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2005, 06:11 PM »
I was just curious why you have no desire to get to know any of the locals out there, especially when they're having big get-togethers (10-15 people) every month now.

You've already answered your question, I'm a newbie around here

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2005, 11:10 AM »
I was just curious why you have no desire to get to know any of the locals out there, especially when they're having big get-togethers (10-15 people) every month now.

What does that mean? You're not alowed to associate with vets? I'm sure they'd be happy to have you.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2005, 01:34 PM »
For what it's worth, dafoo and I have been chatting a bit via PM, discussing stuff about ourselves and JD, and whatnot.  Making some decent progress on some key issues that were on our minds, I think.  ;)

Well, most of the guys in the MN thread are also relative newbies, who have just gotten to meet eachother for the first time in the last meeting or two.  I'd say that Scott and Jeff are the only real "veterans" in that group.  But they all seem to have a blast getting together every month and getting to know eachother, and welcoming several new guys at each meeting, so you might enjoy it dafoo.

Wish I could actually add something remotely on topic here, but I think the Bly figure has been thoroughly discussed at this point.  I guess we'll find out if Hasbro was just blowing smoke about that 3 month "re-development process" when that particular wave shows up, and Commander Bly is either in it, or he's not.  Hopefully the former though...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2005, 01:50 PM »
I guess we'll find out if Hasbro was just blowing smoke about that 3 month "re-development process" when that particular wave shows up, and Commander Bly is either in it, or he's not.  Hopefully the former though...

Can you imagine how the Hasbro rep was feeling when this happened?  It was probably a mix of anger at the jerk that stole it, shame for "letting it happen", and fear of losing his job.  Hopefully Hasbro either has another workable figure or it won't take nearly that long to redevelop another one.  I'm sure if I was in his position, I'd be assuming the worst case scenario. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2005, 01:57 PM »
He'll be fine.

It's not like it was a prototype that IS irreplaceable (sp.).

It was an existing mass produced figure with yellow paint, nothing more, nothing less.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2005, 02:53 PM »
 Deanpaul - I knew it was you all along. ;) :-*

Anyways...what order is was Bly in?  I assume he is last now but what was he before?? 

PS:  I have to admit, it was like listening to the women at the water cooler....this thread has to the first one I have read all the way through in a long time.  I am anxiously waiting for Master Chef to show up any minute. :P
Beth