Author Topic: Vintage Figures Which Have Not Been Updated  (Read 75567 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Vintage Figures Which Have Not Been Updated
« Reply #60 on: January 1, 2008, 01:48 PM »
Yeah, but after 13 years, Hasbro still has us wanting certain figures.  I'm sure that was their plan, and it's working.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 2, 2008, 09:49 AM »

Back in 1995, it seemed unimaginable that by 2007 we'd all still be discussing "what vintage figures have yet to be redone".

That's the quote regarding this topic. And I also agree with Speedermike, we know Hasbro is fully aware of what they're doing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 2, 2008, 12:53 PM »
Yeah, but after 13 years, Hasbro still has us wanting certain figures.  I'm sure that was their plan, and it's working.

Sure for the long term collectors, yes that is indeed a carrot that Hasbro is dangling over our heads.

For the kids who got into Star Wars toys during the EP2/Clone Wars/EP3 years, the Kenner Vintage Line means nothing to them. Heck, even if I was a kid who was 6 or 7 when Hasbro kicked all of this stuff off again in 1995, I would care less whether or not Warok and Lumat had been made yet. I'd rather see a female ewok with woklings.

I think the line would be moving along just fine regardless of whether or not these 10 to 15 figures had been remade. Even if they are done this year, like I said in my post, this thread is merely replaced by "What Characters Have Yet to be Immortalized in Plastic" and "Which POTF2 Figures Could Use an Upgrade". The debates and discussions of a similar nature never really end.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2008, 09:47 AM »

This is directed to people at another site who don't believe the Death Squad Commander exists...you can argue that the greyness/greenishness of the tunic is from the panel he is working on but its pretty much the only photographic evidence there is...and if they made a Blue Snag, the can make a Death Squad Commander.  I'd want one (and I made my own using the 30AC DST and a Moff Jerjerrod)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2008, 02:59 PM »
Scott- I'm definitely one who believes that the DSC wore grey.  In that single pic, you can tell that the only black areas are actual shadow.  Sure, there are a lot of lighting sources there, from above and from the console, but a black uniform would not illuminate THAT much.  I went so far as to make my own version with the TAC body and the POTF2 head:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2008, 03:35 PM »
This is directed to people at another site who don't believe the Death Squad Commander exists...you can argue that the greyness/greenishness of the tunic is from the panel he is working on but its pretty much the only photographic evidence there is...and if they made a Blue Snag, the can make a Death Squad Commander.  I'd want one (and I made my own using the 30AC DST and a Moff Jerjerrod)

Let me guess, it's the forum on a site that rhymes with Treble Drum?

::)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2008, 01:00 AM »
I'd not even realized there was that much actual "debate" going on about the DST/DSC...  To me, that picture is conclusive that it exists.  Like DB said above there, black wouldn't turn out that grey regardless of how many lighting sources there are messing with the visuals...  THat's simply solid grey.  Other shots exist...  Someone with a widescreen DVD should take a capture as that's the only way you see this guy (from a distance, in the DS Laser Control room where Leia's made watch Alderaan's destruction).  He's grey in that even if you look close and it's lit differently.

Some people just don't "get it" and you can't really explain it to them, so it's not worth the trouble...  Hopefully Hasbro will make it.  I'd buy the figure, especially if they reworked the headsculpt like DB's with the headset.  I'd love to get my hands on a set of commanders for my Death Star Trooper army. :)

Give the console and I'm doing cartwheels I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2008, 09:08 AM »
I made the console too!  (Though it's not completely accurate- there should be separations between each segment)

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2008, 09:15 AM »

If we can find out the exact type of material used for that costume, then we can consult a fabric expert and/or photography expert to determine once and for all if the outfit is gray or just a trick of the light.

Someone get on that, chop, chop...
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2008, 10:25 AM »
I really dont care which color is movie accurate. I just know i grey version was released in the original line so i want one now in the modern line.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2008, 01:01 PM »
I'm in the grey camp too and I want this damn thing on a VOTC cardback.  Then I'll stop bitching about this one and start in on the Jawa.  12-backs people, not 10-backs.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2008, 01:08 PM »
I'm more in the olive uniform camp.  :P

« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 01:13 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2008, 08:34 PM »
Someone with a widescreen DVD should take a capture as that's the only way you see this guy (from a distance, in the DS Laser Control room where Leia's made watch Alderaan's destruction).  He's grey in that even if you look close and it's lit differently.:)

Gray? Green?

« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 08:38 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2008, 10:14 PM »
That bottom one could be Black and neither Gray or Green...but to me the top one looks Gray

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2008, 01:28 AM »
Thanks Jayson...

Top one's definitely grey.  Look you can see the white of the headset perfectly clear, you can see the black of the helmet clear as day, and the tunic is perfectly grey-green... 

When I say grey, I mean the grey-green of Imp. Uniforms in the movies...  It's basis is solid in the German military uniforms of WW2, and basically they were grey-green colors...  No argument there on their hue.  They're not "olive" per se, but they are a grey-green color for sure.  To me, that top shot's definitive.  Those 3 colors are clear as day to my eyes, so I say bring on a friggin' Death Squad Commander already.  My Imp. Naval Troopers need a commander. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77