Author Topic: What do you drive?  (Read 114947 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: What do you drive?
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2007, 07:34 PM »
I drive a 2000 Buick Century LE....the collector edition.  You never heard of the collector edition??? Well, that is what the dealer told me, one of a kind - only sold that year - so, of course, I had to have THAT ONE.  Everytime we see another 'collector edition' on the road my husband snorts and acts like he is having some type of damn heart-attack...jackass.
Beth

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2007, 09:03 PM »
We added a second car last month for the girlfriend to take with her to school.  We went with the Nissan Versa - like this, but in black:

Cool tone on tone license plate Rob!  I know the black one must lose the effect since the plate is blue, but the one in the photo is hot.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2007, 09:20 PM »
We added a second car last month for the girlfriend to take with her to school.  We went with the Nissan Versa - like this, but in black:

I actually took a test drive in a Versa yesterday.  I thought it was okay for the price, but it seemed like the transmission was gear-hunting as I accelerated.  And the salesman told me that the trannie was designed so that you would get better fuel economy.  Hmmm.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2007, 10:13 PM »
Better fuel economy.

That's one of the #1 reasons we bought it.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2007, 02:54 AM »
Better fuel economy.

That's one of the #1 reasons we bought it.

That's why I'll be buying my Camaro in 2009 - it will have the cylinder management system (whatever the trendy term is) where it uses 8 cylinders when you need them for the acceleration and 4 cylinders when you're cruising.  I'm only interested in it for the fuel economy, not the 400+ horsepower.  ;)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2007, 03:42 PM »
I've got a 2006 Toyota Matrix. I love this damn car though no one can seem to find the right brakes for it and I squeal like a bastard at stop lights...

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 3, 2007, 03:18 PM »
Here's my current Mustang - 2006 Ford Mustang V-6

The gas mileage is OK, but considering my drive to work is 6 miles round trip with 10,000+ traffic lights, my mileage can't be too good.  :P
« Last Edit: July 3, 2007, 05:08 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 3, 2007, 03:38 PM »
Oh, and we're down two cylinders.  The 97 Pathfinder was traded in a week ago for a 2006 Nissan Altima special edition.  The other car is mine, a '98 Altima with 278,000 km (167K miles) on it.  Only another nine years of driving that until I turn it over to my daughter.

Welllllllllllll....

We're down another four cylinders.  My wife's Altima, yeah, the 2006, got rear-ended late last week.  Initial damage estimate is $8000 :o  Not a right off, but ouch.  Dude rear-ended her pretty much without breaking it seems.  Rear quarter panel has to come off (it's welded on) plus the whole rear end is a mess to the point of buckling the trunk floor.  If you think a Smart Car would have endured that collision, you're welcome to it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #113 on: July 3, 2007, 04:43 PM »
Dude rear-ended her pretty much without breaking it seems.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 3, 2007, 04:52 PM »
That's remarkably restrained, considering.  So thanks.   :-*

Rephrase: a halfton truck crashed into the back of my wife's Altima.  (I can't do anything about metaphors, but yeah, it could have been written more betterly). 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 3, 2007, 04:55 PM »
LOL, out loud.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 3, 2007, 05:01 PM »
Dude rear-ended her pretty much without breaking it seems.

All joking aside though Brent -- is your wife okay?  That had to have been one hell of a hit.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 3, 2007, 05:07 PM »
(I can't do anything about metaphors, but yeah, it could have been written more betterly). 

I think this part could also "have been written more betterly"...
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 3, 2007, 05:09 PM »
Yeah, she's actually in really good shape.  She was a bit sore the first day, but has been improving pretty steadily.  Her hands are more sore than her neck, which is a bit surprising, but she saw the truck in the mirror so gripped the steering wheel pretty hard and I think that's where a lot of impact was felt.  She's got a pretty good headache right now though :-\  Overall she'll be fine, Matt's comment notwithstanding prick

I was going to upload a photo of the damage but here at work we don't have any software so I can obscure the license plate number, so maybe once I get home.  It's actually kind of impressive although really, really annoying.  I don't really sweat minor fender benders in terms of the longevity of a car, but $8000+ in damage ain't minor, so I'm not sure how this thing is going to handle going down the road. 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #119 on: July 3, 2007, 05:13 PM »
Yeah, she's actually in really good shape.  She was a bit sore the first day, but has been improving pretty steadily.  Her hands are more sore than her neck, which is a bit surprising

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."