Author Topic: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets  (Read 130668 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Wal Mart Droid Factory Sets
« Reply #150 on: June 9, 2008, 01:36 AM »
How much of Han's nose is visible in the movie?  That's the tell-tale sign...  Regardless, none of them are blue in the movie anyway.    ;D  Clearly yours is more accurate then Greg.

I'm not sure on the vac-metal one debate either.  I'm with Jeff that I don't want to jump to the notion there are two as there's been no packaged shots to prove it.  I've also seen vac-metalized customs...  It's possible if you know someone in that industry, so even that makes me question the validity of it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 9, 2008, 09:10 AM »
The pack I received via Wm.com was non-vac as well, although I do like how the vac metal one looks.  I hope we get that at some point, but as a B-A-D would be fine with me.  WM Exclusives can be tricky enough without having to track down a "variant".

Also, I saw at Yakface's Q and A this week that it sound like we won't be getting the extra smiley Luke X-Wing figure in that two pack, instead getting the regular X-Wing Luke - which is fine with me.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2008, 12:32 PM by Brian »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 9, 2008, 08:30 PM »
Has anyone seen this set go back up as "In Stock"?

I didn't order one 'cause I want three complete sets of six, so it would be pointless for me to order 3 of the Han set only to still have to track down the remaining 15 sets I need.

I was kinda hoping that WalMart would offer a "Complete Set of Six" option from their website. But they didn't do that with their Comic 2-pack exclusives, so I don't know why I would expect that with these.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 9, 2008, 08:34 PM »
I've been watching but haven't seen it.  I was going to be patient, but am a little worried that initial shipments might have a variation to them, so now I'm kicking myself for not ordering them when I had the chance.  Hopefully they show up at retail soon and we see the exact same Han pack that others are currently nabbing. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2008, 10:09 AM »
I am still waiting for my order to arrive. I ordered two sets but one got back ordered so we shall see. I ordered on 7/29. I will keep you guys posted if I get it and what variation it will be.....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2008, 02:25 PM »
Well, I picked up both sets today. Both were non chrome R-3Po's. The Han looks great! Now I can ditch the crappy Target BP version. I have to say I am surprised I was able to get these at all, looking forward to the next set.

FYI - I am keeping the extra set for trade for when the others come out. Depending on the variation of chrome we will see what set is more rare. I just want a chrome version.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2008, 03:10 PM »
Well, I picked up both sets today. Both were non chrome R-3Po's. The Han looks great! Now I can ditch the crappy Target BP version. I have to say I am surprised I was able to get these at all, looking forward to the next set.

FYI - I am keeping the extra set for trade for when the others come out. Depending on the variation of chrome we will see what set is more rare. I just want a chrome version.

I hope to get an answer from Hasbro this week regarding the vac-metalized version and whether or not it is an intended running change.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2008, 03:17 PM »
Ooh... I almost asked them that Q this week... I guess I'm glad I didn't!

I am looking forward to their answer... I still think that chrome droid is a B-a-D figure and not a variant, hopefully we'll know on Friday!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I hope it's not a variant. WM exclusives are hard enough to get as it is.

I have to say, these are quality repaints/exclusives, they even painted Han's blaster handle. The blue is dead on to the way it appeared....to the blue enthusiasts that is. I am very happy with Order 66 and so far these DF sets this year. I am kind of bummed about not getting the smiley Luke, the head sculpt did not look to me.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2008, 04:00 PM »
Well I managed to find these today.  Of course they did not have the Han Solo set.  The set I actually wanted.  So, I did get Luke.  Thank God they switched out that goofy laughing headsculpt for a neutral version. 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2008, 04:12 PM »
I am happy to trade my extra for any other besides Han. LMK.

(Luke and Vader sets are higher on my want list.) Hell, if you can buy me the other 5 I will pay you and give you this set for free.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2008, 05:17 PM »
Well I managed to find these today.  Of course they did not have the Han Solo set.  The set I actually wanted.  So, I did get Luke.  Thank God they switched out that goofy laughing headsculpt for a neutral version. 

They did? Got any pics??
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2008, 09:07 AM »
Got a call from a friend who found these here in SoCal.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2008, 11:16 AM »
Got a call from a friend who found these here in SoCal.
Time to shop.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2008, 12:35 PM »
Standard retail price on these or bumped up?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.