Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7  (Read 118331 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2011, 09:01 PM »
Dang, I almost never buy Han figures - but this one is definitely making it into my collection (provided that I can actually find it at retail and/or before prices hike up another $1-2)! I think the big problem with all previous Han figures is the weird-looking torso and hip area, mainly because of the swivel hips. Ball-jointed hips seem to have solved that problem.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2011, 07:06 AM »
Looks like Han has those hinge joint shoulders like the first attempt at Bespin Luke, I would have preferred the other kind, but it's by no means a deal breaker for me.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2011, 08:28 AM »
So I'm confused after reading the EE listings...are we not getting this wave now? It looks like they have Bom and RFT listed with Wave 8, but there's no mention of Barriss or Fordo. Are those 2 just carry forwards and somehow Hasbro just leapfrogged a wave? So we would actually see Barriss and Colt AFTER these guys?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2011, 08:32 AM »
Barriss and Fordo are in Wave 7, Wave 8 is a refresh wave which introduces the Revenge of the Jedi figures.  Bom and RFT are carried forward.  Which is odd because I would probably only ship Bom once and ship Han twice.  Sounds like retail suicide to me.

Although judging by my local Target, the chances of waves 5-8 ever showing up due to the plethora of Wooofs, Sandtroopers and EIII Clones is slim to absolutely none.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2011, 10:56 AM »
I dont see how Wooof Pegwarms
its a superb figure

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2011, 12:02 PM »
Man...I wish Wooof was warming the pegs anywhere around me. I definitely would have gotten a couple more of him. All I keep seeing is Cloud Car Pilot and 4-LOM.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2011, 12:28 PM »
Barriss and Fordo are in Wave 7, Wave 8 is a refresh wave which introduces the Revenge of the Jedi figures.  Bom and RFT are carried forward.  Which is odd because I would probably only ship Bom once and ship Han twice.  Sounds like retail suicide to me.

Although judging by my local Target, the chances of waves 5-8 ever showing up due to the plethora of Wooofs, Sandtroopers and EIII Clones is slim to absolutely none.

Glad to hear the Revenge cards will be hitting retail. I thought they'd just be coming in that Comic Con monstrosity.  I'm shocked your Target actually has Woof!  The target near me has nothing but wave 1!!!

Man...I wish Wooof was warming the pegs anywhere around me. I definitely would have gotten a couple more of him. All I keep seeing is Cloud Car Pilot and 4-LOM.

We have a few Woofs and Ackbars on the pegs in my local Wal-Mart.  Kinda surprised they aren't near you too.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2011, 01:04 PM »
I also just realized there used to be 8 pegs of vintage and with the latest reset we are now at 4...so there are four pegs hidden in the back room of the same Clones, Troopers and Woooooooofs

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2011, 03:19 PM »
Wow, a reduction in the vintage pegs is a bad sign for the realistic liine right now.

Woof isn't a massive pegwarmer here because Wave 3 kind of came and went, but we did have one Woof at KMart that just wouldn't leave.  Someone bought him recently though.  He was, without a doubt, one of the pegwarmers of the wave though.

Now the only wave 3 figure I see is the Rebel Trooper that gets refreshed in other cases.  Just bought one the other day of him, but in general he sells too.

I saw WM doing an aisle reset the other day and couldn't get a look at where vintage was there.  The woman seemed like she was purposely pushing her cart anywhere I wanted to look, so I have no clue what's getting moved or what's getting cut back at WM stores.  I should probably check my Target now too, to see if they cut the # of pegs down.

This would really explain a lot of the lack of ordering at Target though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2011, 03:37 PM »
My local Target has 4 pegs for the Vintage too but they also have a row of the Vintage 3 packs. Once those sell through I imagine that the pegs for those will be reallocated for TVC figures.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2011, 04:15 PM »
unless that rumored 2nd wave is an indicator those are hanging on for a while.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2011, 08:49 PM »
Wow, a reduction in the vintage pegs is a bad sign for the realistic liine right now.

Yeah, I always wondered how the sales for the line were.  There was so much talk in the Q and A's (from Hasbro themselves) about how the Legacy/collector/etc. line was struggling so much, while CW continued to sell very well.  Vintage was supposed to be them "pulling out all the stops" for collectors, and honestly, I think it has been a pretty nice run so far.  I noticed the reduction in peg space at our local Target after the reset as well, so it will be interesting to see what happens.  There is a lot of real estate dedicated to movies this year (TF, GL, Thor, Cap, Cars, etc.), so that doesn't help matters any either.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2011, 09:15 PM »
To me, Legacy was more of them pulling out all the stops than Vintage has been... 

Don't get me wrong, love the cards, but Legacy/BAD was cheaper, gave you basically 1 or 2 figures per wave extra with the pack-in parts...  Other than the card, it was really ideal, at least to me.  30AC was a really banner year for the collectors too, between the main line and Legends both really appealing to the collector.

That said, Clone Wars has the kids...  I know when I'm in the toy aisle and see kids or parents looking over figures, it's always the animated stuff.  I can't blame them, but the two lines (and I consider them separate) competing against one another has been the bane of the realistic line now for some time I'm afraid.  The clear separation means one line has the kids, with some collectors, while the other line has practically only collectors...  Collectors cannot alone support the line, and it's starting to show. 

It makes me wonder sometimes, had the CW line been realistic styled from the get-go, and movie/CW figures were a little more integrated, would things be as they are today?  I don't know.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2011, 09:28 PM »
To me, Legacy was more of them pulling out all the stops than Vintage has been... 

You make a great point here - and in a way, The Legacy Collection was in some ways better than TVC (don't get me wrong, I love TVC). As for pricing and availability during the TLC era, it was much easier to buy a figure from TLC, and yet the line still got the axe. TVC was to start the realistic figure line fresh all over again, and it did - for a while, at least. Once the time comes when TVC starts to take a dip in sales just like TLC did, Hasbro's probably going to end the line, whether or not there's a nostalgia to the packaging.   
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2011, 10:03 AM »
I still think the Vintage line is the best of the best in terms of the new figures sculpt/details/articulation. Value is definitley not there like Legacy and previous years offering. It's a sign of the times which a lot of it is out of Hasbro's control.

What is in Hasbro's control are the case packs, Wave 7 is a great example of this. They are reminding me of Mattel when it came to the 2002 Master of the Universe line that eventually sank it. I do not think SW will be sunk but the smaller peg space for Vintage is discouraging. (I do think it will slightly increase after the Summer Movie Blitz and the Blue Ray ramp up). There are so many avoidable mistakes that have been made it's frustrating to see. This cases assortment is really annoying with the peg rotting carry forward of the two Vintage culprits the Sandtrooper & White Clone, the only two figures besides Dengar and 4- Lom that you can find in my area. (The occasional CC Pilot still rots and certain locations.) At this point I would be thrilled to see a Wooof as so many are reporting. Gammoreans, Extra Fleet troopers,, extra EP2 Clones, Senate Duel Palps, Magna Guards, AT-RT drivers are clearly better choices to carry forward in Wave 7. I get Luke, Boba and Jango while I would love to see others instead I do not mind them as they are good sellers.

I wish this wave would show up already I am jonsing for some new figures.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/