Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread  (Read 101218 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 6, 2013, 05:36 AM »
So apparently there's this new book out called "Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy."

And why should you care?

Because it reveals things. BIG things. About the upcoming Maul/Mandalore arc.  :-X

Spolier: Lots of people die. :o :o :o
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 6, 2013, 08:43 AM »
Definitely liked the Kenner Walrus Man cameo.  Very nice nod to vintage collectors!

I also liked the nod to the Republic Commando video game with the final sequence.  Having Gregor fight the Battle Droids as he did was very reminiscent of some of the gameplay from the RC game.  Especially blowing up the fuel drums to take out the Battle Droids.

This episode may have made the previous episode in this Droid/Seperatist communications decoder arc almost semi-tolerable. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 6, 2013, 12:01 PM »

Yousa thinking yousa people ganna die?  :D

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 6, 2013, 04:55 PM »

And why should you care?

Because it reveals things. BIG things. About the upcoming Maul/Mandalore arc.  :-X

If the storyline summary I read based on this is accurate...This could be the best Clone Wars Arc ever.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 7, 2013, 09:58 AM »

And why should you care?

Spoiler: Lots of people die. :o :o :o

It is an interesting read, but it bears mentioning that they did not just wrap up a bunch of TCW scripts and turn them into a novel. This reads like an entirely separate tangent that does not necessarily represent where the show is going, any more than the Clone Wars comics do. I am skeptical that Filoni would allow the rest of the season to be spoiled so blatantly. I'm sure there will be some similarities, but I'd be surprised if all that stuff actually came to pass on the show.

As for the weekend episode, I liked seeing Walrusman. That's about the best thing I can say. I don't understand the plot at all anymore. Why was there a Republic Attack Shuttle there? Where did it come from? Ditto the cruiser in orbit? Where were the Separatist ships? I thought nobody knew they were there?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 7, 2013, 10:47 AM »
All will be....might be...probably won't be answered next week.

What was the Republic's greatest defeat that we never got to see?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: January 7, 2013, 03:55 PM »
Allowing people like Colonel Dip to be involved?  I'd feel defeated.

Last episode was a marked improvement though, however I think TCW has been intentionally setting the bar so low so they can just half-ass the rest of this year and lull fans into thinking it's going out with a bang.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 8, 2013, 12:05 AM »
Yeah the last ten minutes of that episode were okay, but the story still sucked. Felt like they had a decent idea but spent so much time on the stupid Void episode that they realized they had one episode to do the Commando plot and had to cram it into ten minutes. Would have been fine as its own arc, even if the story is rehashed from the deserter episode.

Some of that stuff was ridiculous though. Why was the Sullustian cook so evil? He should have had a pencil thin mustache to twirl with his finger. "YOU WERE BORN TO WASH DISHES, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Why did Colonel Frogger spend half the episode telling the Commando he was being used, only to himself use the Commando to escape the planet?

I missed the Walrusman initially (thought he was the one spitting the tobacco but apparently not?) and wound up finding a pic on the Rebelscum forums. Surprise surprise, they all LOVED the Void arc. ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: January 8, 2013, 12:28 AM »
I really had high hopes of the whole Commando arc thing when it was teased.  That was a definite deflated balloon, but I enjoyed that town and it being a mix of Tatooine/Coruscant.  I find it odd that the Separatists were there though, with that big goofball idea going on.

And then a random Clone Commando in that one tiny town in the middle of nowhere?

What... luck?

No such thing as luck, I guess, but wow.  :)

I liked some of the episode though.  I refuse to be tricked into being excited for new episodes though, haha.  I've been fooled basically the last two years.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 8, 2013, 11:25 AM »
There's a Separatist mining operation on the planet according to something I read.

The devastating battle Gascon mentions was in a comic book, there's a decent nod.

I still like this arc more than the Onderbland one. It has been drawn out too much, but that applies to all three arcs this season, which account for over half the season (12 episodes). It's interesting how little Kenobi and especially Anakin have been used. I'm not complaining. However, it's a bit silly for the only "starring" character in a four episode arc to be R2-D2. Jettisoning the pit droid for 3PO might've been preferrable, but his appearances seemed limited...budget or Daniels' availability? I don't know.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2013, 10:20 AM »
New episode titles,

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCProgram.do?sId=EP01087361&t=Star Wars: The Clone Wars&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on

S05, E20
The Wrong Jedi
3/01/2013

S05, E19
To Catch a Jedi
2/22/2013

S05, E18
The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
2/15/2013

S05, E17
Sabotage
2/08/2013

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2013, 10:34 AM »
S05, E19
To Catch a Jedi

Anakin walks into Ahsoka's apartment only to be greeted by Chris Hansen...  "Hi there, why don't you take a seat?  What brought you to this underage girl's apartment tonight, sir?"

Sounds like a great episode!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2013, 11:21 AM »
All of them are named after Hitchcock films.

To Catch a Thief
Sabotage
The Man Who Knew Too Much
The Wrong Man
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 11:22 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2013, 08:08 PM »
S05, E19
To Catch a Jedi

Anakin walks into Ahsoka's apartment only to be greeted by Chris Hansen...  "Hi there, why don't you take a seat?  What brought you to this underage girl's apartment tonight, sir?"

Sounds like a great episode!

Glad I wasn't the only one lol'ing at that.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2013, 08:19 AM »
What happened to the episodes that were  to be 6-8, supposed to air last fall:  "An Old Friend", "The Rise of Clovis" and "Crisis of the Heart"?

Are they going for a 23 episode season or what?  End it on a Padme centered arc?