It's almost as if, slowly but surely, all the things that kill a toy line are creeping into SW:
- Rotating/changing case packs
- Running variants (Hoth Han, J'Quille/Tanus, Unleashed Clone)
- uneven distribution (was fixed for PotJ, but now it's back)
- gotta catch em all attitude (numbering system)
- repacks and repaints (a la Batman and Toy Biz)
- short production runs (anyone seen the Endor wave warming the pegs? Nope.)
How much longer before they start adding "Chase" figures to the cases? Watch for the exclusive Red-Stripe Clone Trooper, packed in every 10th case!
All of the above items kill collector interest. Declining interest = lower sales, which in turn causes drop of retailer support, which in turn kills a line.
Sliding downhill fast... Just more evidence to support the case of us "The Line will die by 2006" crazies I guess.