Author Topic: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra  (Read 41410 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2011, 04:45 PM »
Picked up a $10 Dragonfly at Marshall's this morning.....not sure why though entirely.   :-\

Received a set of the Target Deluxes and the Sand Serpent this week from someone on Hisstank. It's great to have them, especially since I thought they were lost in limbo.

Congrats Ben!  I haven't been so lucky on Tank with Ross requests.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2011, 08:13 PM »
The Ross by me has 5 Sand Serpents.  I'm happy to pick one up if you need.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2011, 11:34 PM »
No new Sand Serpents, but I found some weird Target exclusives at Ross:  A Jungle Terror Twin Battle Gun with Range Viper, black and red Cobra Flight Pod with Elite Viper, brown Ram Cycle with Sandstorm, and my favorite, the Air Assault Glider with Capt. Ace (really Slipstream).
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2011, 12:33 AM »
That's the second wave of those exclusives that got cancelled. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2011, 07:58 AM »
No new Sand Serpents, but I found some weird Target exclusives at Ross:  A Jungle Terror Twin Battle Gun with Range Viper, black and red Cobra Flight Pod with Elite Viper, brown Ram Cycle with Sandstorm, and my favorite, the Air Assault Glider with Capt. Ace (really Slipstream).

You struck Gold... those were here in D/FW for about an hour.  The Twin Battle gun has a good sized fanbase and the Trouble Bubble does too. 

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2011, 08:06 AM »
I was just glad to get a Slipstream since I never picked up the Conquest X-30.  He's the only Joe from Utah, you know (which explains the pedophile mustache).

I wish they made him (and Tripwire, for that matter) with removable helmets.  And as a further digression, I wish they made Mainframe/Dataframe with a better head, if not a removable hat thingy or whatever he's wearing.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2011, 07:31 PM »
I have 2 ROSS stores in a short distance from Diane's, so I'll check them for you Paul, if you need those.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2011, 10:47 PM »
I paid about $60 for a set of those exclusives, so you totally found gold. I've seen the Twin Terror Cannon go for $30-35 on ebay.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2011, 02:34 AM »
Absolutely no GIJ's at the ROSS stores here.  Just FYI.  Not much at all in the toy area at either one really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 3, 2011, 10:20 PM »
Found the Lava Pod, Tiger Claw, and Polar Sharc at Ross today.  That store rules.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: March 3, 2011, 11:49 PM »
Nice.  Are there pics of these sets available anywhere that doesn't block you from looking at their stuff unless you're a member?  I'm not familiar with them and was curious what to look for.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 4, 2011, 08:59 AM »
Here's the Lava Pod (the vehicle itself is lame but the Volcano Viper is cool):

Here's the Tiger Claw (he's a total parts-mutt, but it's the best Leatherneck they've made so far):

Here is the Polar Sharc with some generic snow guy ("Ice Storm"?) but I am a sucker for snow guys:

There is also a Desert Rockslide with Dusty out there, but I haven't seen one yet:

I think it looks like crap, but I'd get it just to get the web gear for my 25th Dusty and to use the head for customizing the protagonist in my forthcoming photonovel about dirty sanchezes gone awry.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2011, 09:01 AM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 4, 2011, 09:29 AM »
I hate ROSS  >:(

Got a $35 (shippped) Sand Serpent off eBay - still too high, but the deco has really grown on me and I wanted the Viper.  Now to track down a black Hiss and I can bid farewell to ROC.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2011, 10:00 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 4, 2011, 10:06 AM »
I think the black HISS is technically a POC vehicle, but I get your drift.

I really liked the look of the Polar Sharc when I saw it at the GI Joe con last year (it was in a display at Hasbro), but after seeing loose shots of it over on the Tank, it's not that impressive.  Ice Storm isn't bad and would fit in with the new Adventure Team figures.

Other than the Volcano Viper, the rest of these kind of suck.  Well, Leatherneck isn't terrible, but I don't think I'm tracking any of these down.

So far I've been lucky, I got hooked up on the RAM and Flight Pod and the former Walmart exclusive Shockwave/Night Viper 2-pack.  I'd still love to snag a $15 VAMP, though.  Actually, at this point I may have to settle for any VAMP I can get since it never hit retail here.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2011, 03:52 AM »
In the GIJ vehicle w/figure line for the movie, was the Lava Pod thing hard to find?  It has a freaky Lava Viper with it...  Saw one this evening and hadn't really seen it before.  There was a Gung Ho with the Quad as well it seemed.  Another thing I don't quite recall.