Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556449 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #570 on: October 30, 2012, 11:55 PM »
And to that end I think he wants to know where the farm was for...
...and C) he wants revenge on anyone who MAY have lived in the group that he didn't like.

Like maybe the prick Sherriff who handcuffed him to a pipe and left him to die?  :-X  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #571 on: October 30, 2012, 11:58 PM »
And T-Dawg...  I think Glen was there too and didn't help much. :)  He's pissed I'm sure.

I figure he's got his own reasons for wanting the farm, the governor has his, and then they maybe have some combined reasons for wanting to go there.  At the very least they may have inferred from Andrea's blabbing that it was at least a potential stronghold of supplies that got overrun, so they'd want to at least check that out.  Merle's gonna be all about revenge as a character though, and I think if he has a death in the series it'll be from that aspect of his character.

Rick's not one to cuff you and come back for you anymore, that's for sure. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 4, 2012, 12:42 PM »
I'm interested in seeing what happens when Merle and Daryl finally meet up - will it be a reunion or a disastrous confrontation?
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 4, 2012, 09:40 PM »
T-DOG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 4, 2012, 09:59 PM »
HOLY ****balls!!!   :o :o  Never was a big fan of hers - but ghee whiz!!!

I wonder if Carol-watcher has Carol now..........
« Last Edit: November 4, 2012, 10:31 PM by Tracy »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #575 on: November 4, 2012, 11:29 PM »
Good show. Can't believe what happened to T-Doggy.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 4, 2012, 11:42 PM »
T-Dawg!  :'(

Lori.  :-\

All because Rick assumed too much...assumed Andrew got munched.

Carol MIA? What?

Michonne is closer to solving this mystery, all she needs is an anthropromorphic dog.

Wasted a lottt of ammo...I don't know if I'd bother to try and shoot the alarm speakers.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #577 on: November 5, 2012, 04:07 AM »
Are you SURE it's all because Rick let Andrew "go" more or less?  I'm not so sure on that.  :)  I'm not so sure Andrew was that clever, to have been the unseen guy at the beginning.  I think Carol Watcher may be out there.  I thoroughly enjoy that Carol Watcher is now what everyone calls the unseen guy.

2 down, but 2 added, and maybe more useful, though T-Dog's hard to replace despite not having a ton of lines.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #578 on: November 5, 2012, 08:22 AM »
I think "Carol-watcher" was Andrew.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 5, 2012, 10:01 AM »
I think "Carol-watcher" was Andrew.

No question...Carol-watcher was definitely Andrew.

But now we have to wonder about wtf happened to Carol? I just assumed that was who the 2 zombies were munching on when they found her head scarf. But after watching "Talking Dead" I guess we are supposed to not know one way or the other. Makes sense I guess, unless they show someone die they are likely to resurface. But why even make a mystery out of it? The writers have to get them OUT of that prison and into Woodbury, so anything like a missing person seems to work against that. And we've already done the missing person ad nauseam with Sophia and even Andrea. So I don't see the point in dragging that out.

I'm back to not liking Andrea again. How did she get so soft again in just 8 months? She was way down on Shane's end of the survivor spectrum, all bitterness and anger, now she's all ready to settle down and play house with the Guvnah? You're pulling the wool over your own eyes, girl!

Carl, Lori, Rick and Maggie were all outstanding last night. That was just one of the most emotionally wrenching things I have seen on TV in a long time. Just utterly brutal. The whole thing was played perfectly...Lori's sobering realization, Carl's reaction, Maggie's quick action to save the baby.

Lori's little speech to Carl was heartbreaking to me, especially as a parent. You've got thirty seconds to spend with your child knowing you're about to die and what do you say? How do you sum up everything going through your head in a few heartfelt sentences? Agonizing.

I disliked her character, but that was some great acting on her part last night, and I'm almost sorry to see her go.

Rick's reaction at the end was so torturously tragic too, physically torn between rushing back into the prison or hugging Carl, and ultimately just collapsing under the unbearable weight of realization. That was really powerful.

Out of nowhere, this was one of the best episodes EVER.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 5, 2012, 12:56 PM »
that was the most gut-wrenching episode EVER, get it gut wrenching  >:D
Seriously tho, never woulda thot 2 main characters gone in same episode.  glad to see tho that T-dog got a hero's death.  and in the end that lori's death was almost redeeming her for the biatch she's been i almost felt pity/sorrow for her.  That has to be the best most suspensful TV ever and i'd go as far as more suspeseful then any movie i've seen as well.  I'm almost wondering if Carl actually killed Lori, he might not have and we'll see her walkin around.  could be like the first episodes of first season when Rick's savior tried to kill his zombie wife but just couldn't do it.  CAN'T FREAKIN WAIT TILL SUNDAY!!!!
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 5, 2012, 01:14 PM »
Rewatching the ending, Rick's emotional break down almost sounds like he's laughing at some points. It's not unrealistic, but its funny after the fact.

I agree that Andrew didn't seem that clever (and just how long was he surviving on the outside?) to pull all that off alone, but that means we are left with a mystery man messing with the group for whatever reason...not sure I'd want something like that to drag out.

They stole the guvnah's golf ball hitting a zombie from DAWN OF THE DEAD remake (unless it was in the comic first)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 5, 2012, 01:39 PM »
As a husband and a father, that episode was as many are saying, gut wrenching. 

I didn't see Lori getting knocked off that way.  I thought they had deviated enough from the comics she might live on for a long while after. (I have only read a few summaries of them).  I can only imagine the pain Rick is going through and how it will affect his character in the future.

This was one of the best episodes IMO.  My wife is not a fan of the series, but just kind of watches out of the corner of her eye and she was shocked by the way it ended last night.

And, I hated seeing T-Dog get it. 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 5, 2012, 06:46 PM »
ya it was fantastic acting for Rick, can't remember his real name, his reaction to the realization that she was dead and the fact that Carl was the one that plugged her.  You could really feel his pain if he doesn't get an emmy something is just wrong with this world.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Online Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 7, 2012, 08:21 AM »
Didn't see the episode on Sunday, and TWD's Facebook totally spoiled the ending.  Grrr!

This was such a fantastic hour of TV.  If Andrew Lincoln is not at least in the Emmy discussion...

I was sad, but not shocked to see T-Dawg come to an end.  As edgy as this show is, I don't think even they would want to veer into what a racist (Merle) would do to an African American, and it is inevitable that the prison crew collides with the Woodbury crew soon.  It would either come off disingenuous and out of character, or they would have surely made some headlines.