Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556502 times)

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #615 on: November 13, 2012, 09:55 PM »
Am I the only one who saw that Maggie has a gun drawn on Merle next week?

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 14, 2012, 09:32 AM »
Carol did not die on screen.

Now that you are caught up, you are in the same boat as the rest of us; hopelessly addicted having trouble waiting for our next fix.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 18, 2012, 10:23 PM »
Mixed bag episode...the Rick parts were irritating. The other parts were Andrea is an idiot and people finding each other because...Georgia is such a small place, apparently, and every other person is an expert tracker.

Governor is an idiot. Wastes man power hunting Michonne. Goes after other survivors when there's still TONS OF STUFF to loot it seems.

Glenn and Maggie need to shoot first and ask questions later...who cares if it's Darryl's evil brother.

Plus side, no more Carol's ambigious fate nonsense. And Evil Glenn (Governor's Asian flunkie with the mustache) is dead...
No guts, no gorey...glory moment with Michonne...pretty awfully awesome.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 18, 2012, 10:29 PM »
This season is swirling down the toilet faster with each and every week... is ANYTHING going to happen? I get that they have to build suspense but come on.

Andrea sexing up the Governor... boring.

Also why is it that in Season 1 Rick and Glenn have to cover themselves head to toe in gallons of zombie guts and the slightest sprinkle of rain washes it away and gets the zombies to notice them... meanwhile Michonne has a small amount of guts spilled on her shirt and she can walk hand in hand with them?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #619 on: November 19, 2012, 05:10 AM »
Ain't gon' lie... Getting sick of the cheap prison set, the boring takes with the Governor, and getting cockteased with a preview that essentially shows all of the action without the fluff.

And now we'll get 20 minutes of the asian kid being interrogated on another drab prison set.

As for Michonne, her confused facial expressions and general ignorance just make her seem handicapped.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 19, 2012, 09:31 AM »
I actually feel like this season has been the best one yet, and the pacing is WAY more dynamic than all that time they spent chillaxing on the Farm last year. That stuff really dragged, esp with all the Shane/Lori nonsense. At least we've moved beyond that.

For me, the problem I wrestle with is knowing where all this stuff goes in the comic and trying to piece it together in my head, rather than just letting the storyline evolve naturally. And then you start getting that whole impatience vibe cause you know they are building up to something and kinda wish they would just hurry up and get there, rather than enjoying the ride.

Lots of strong performances in this episode though, esp liked Darryl and Hershel. Glad to see Carol got her reprieve as well.

Agree that the whole "expert tracker" thing is being way overdone and does not seem realistic. Michonne had a hellacious head start on those rednecks. And I also agree that the whole notion of wasting time and energy tracking her down was ridiculous. Didn't Merle JUST ASK Philip last episode if they were going to have a problem with Michonne? And he said no? And now he's sending off 4 people to look for her? Wouldn't it have just been easier to kill her in Woodbury?

As great as it would have been to see Michonne cut off Merle's head, or at least intervene when he gets the drop on Glyn and Maggie, I can see why they wanted to milk that a little more. He's got a lot of bad stuff left to do before he dies.

Really, really sick of the Philip/Andrea thing already. She is a complete fing moron. Her character is SO poorly written too, she is all over the map morally and psychologically. First she screws Shane and now this. It's like she looking for guys to bang that are begging to get killed by Rick. And what about the black haired chick who was laying in Philip's bed just 2 episodes ago?

I do hope we've seen the last of the phone thing. I think they got the point across and no need to dwell on his craziness. Nice to see Rick come back to the fold near the end there. I wish I could have heard what Lori said better though, it was all static-y when she finally got on.

And oh yeah, poor Maggie. Something tells me she is going to find her stay in Woodbury particularly unpleasant.  :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 19, 2012, 01:15 PM »
I forgot the worst new character "bow girl", whose dad wanted her to be in the Olympics but she can't hit a walker 30 feet away.

I'll miss Car..car...how do you say his name again? He got into the spirit of things. If a chick sliced me with a samurai sword and ran off into zombie country...I might just agree with Merle so I could get back to town, get stitched up and have a beer....no matter what I would actually tell the governor later.

How did Merle and Michonne go in different directions and wind up in the same place? Why didn't Merle's team have a vehicle somewhere?

One of thing of interest. Hershell actually heard static on the phone. Assuming Hershell was there and he wasn't a hallucination.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:45 PM by scockery »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #622 on: November 19, 2012, 06:28 PM »
I forgot the worst new character "bow girl", whose dad wanted her to be in the Olympics but she can't hit a walker 30 feet away.

Producers don't know their way around bows and guns, this much was proven Season 1.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #623 on: November 19, 2012, 10:02 PM »
Hah...  Yeah, that and the group passing up how many military small arms and even some heavier ****?  One grenade was all they could muster?  BS.  They've had other stuff they've passed on and it drives me batty.  How did the Woodbury group pass up all the military hardware they inherited too ya know?  Why chase Michonne down with pistols and knives?  It's like Call of Duty.

On the phone thing, you'll hear static if it's connected to other lines in the building. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #624 on: November 20, 2012, 06:48 AM »
The guns and **** is annoying, but it isn't LOST annoying, yet. Once the libtard actors are allowed to "chk-chk" their top slide every three seconds, THEN its over. Just watch LOST, dude... As soon as the actors started slinging their guns around the show went to ****.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #625 on: November 20, 2012, 08:00 AM »
Why chase Michonne down with pistols and knives?

Maybe because Merle is nuts and likes to keep things personal?
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 20, 2012, 11:56 AM »
WOW. Admitting I skimmed some of the last bunch of posts and nothing more, what in the world do people want from this show? The season has been crazy with things happening so they finally take a break and it is "going down the toilet". I love it.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 20, 2012, 04:29 PM »
WOW. Admitting I skimmed some of the last bunch of posts and nothing more, what in the world do people want from this show? The season has been crazy with things happening so they finally take a break and it is "going down the toilet". I love it.

I don't get the complaining either. 

This isn't a 2 hour movie.  This is a series, and to do that, you can't cram everything into a tight span.  I think people forget that.

Best show on television and people are still complaining that's not good enough for them... wow.  I wish I was that spoiled. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #628 on: November 20, 2012, 05:05 PM »
I agree, best show on TV as far as I'm concerned and they may compact the comic stuff like the phone, but I'm ok with that since I haven't read the comics.  I suppose if you read those though, your POV may be different.  I dunno.  I love it though.  Between this and GOT, there isn't a lot more on TV I consider worth watching even though Clone Wars redeemed itself the last couple weeks.

By the way, I don't think I'd buy "Well Merle's nuts" argument on not taking assault rifles... Y ou're in the woods hunting.  He's from a family that I think did that, a lot, so I think he's smart enough to take a rifle.  I just chalk it up to a logic oversight.  At least one of those schmucks should've been armed with more than a pistol and a knive that's not even a big knife.  Crocodile Dundee would've mocked them.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:07 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy